My wife and I stayed here for two nights in September '13 and although not home from home it's the next best thing. Very comfortable room (The Blue Room) with all mod cons including free internet access. No need to sit in your room however as there is a comfortable sitting room for residents with books, Kent Life magazines and CD's.
Breakfasts were superb with local or homemade produce served in a lovely conservatory. On the second morning we skipped toast and preserves - no room left.
Sally and Wahab are great hard working hosts who provide all the local information, including maps, you need for an enjoyable stay. Great recommendations on where to eat or more importantly where not to eat. Do try The Rose in the village of Winghambreaux and the Salma Indian restaurant in Wingham. Both very good food and friendly service.
1. Book a walking tour if going to Canterbury. The best £6 you will ever spend. Very informative. www.canterburyguildedtours.com - see TA reviews as well.
2. Take slippers as the B&B is an outdoor shoe free zone which I agree with and when you get there you will understand why.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A peaceful haven nestled in three acres of Kent countryside. We offer our guests modern yet traditional accommodation, serving organic breakfasts from locally sourced ingredients. The rooms are light, large and luxurious with organic bedding, towels and toiletries, refreshments and fresh local flowers. We have extensive knowledge of the area and can recommend some great places to eat (all tried and tested!) and some wonderful places to visit. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Twitham Court Farmhouse Wingham, Kent