Casa Moroeni(Moroeni)
Hanul cu Ursi(Moroeni)
Chalet Alpina(Moroeni)
Hotel Galma(Moroeni)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbucegi mountainshotel is locatedlittle bitvery nice hotelrooms are cleanwonderful placebeautiful viewthe entire hotelafter a long daybig portionspeaceful locationcamp fireamazing locationmain restaurantexcellent foodmini barcave
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located in a quiet area.
The rooms are clean and with new furniture.
The hotel staff is very helpful. They've organised a camp fire for the guests.
The prices (Mini bar and restaurant) are affordable.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catalin D
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Even if the surrounding competition is not having any chance to put them under pressure, they keep their standards and they are serving the best food in the area without a huge price difference. In my opinion this is the only place in the area where they look professional. The rest of the people working in cabins and restaurants around them, look like they are stuck in jobs they don't like and don't want but in lack of something else they do this.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank bentu-de-soli
Reviewed August 6, 2017

We stayed here one night so I will base my review on this short stay.
The hotel has the best location and view. The rooms are a little small, but very clean, cozy, nicely decorated (only some small comments here: the bath sink is very small so I always put water on me when washing my hands, the soap dispenser is very annoying and the balcony is not renovated, but all in all I recommend the room). The inside of the hotel is also very pretty and you kind of feel relaxed just when walking in the hotel.
Now what I didn't liked was that on our night here we wanted to have dinner at the restaurant and had some issues. We arrived at 19:45 and menus were handed to us. We chose a table near some windows (when you enter the restaurant, in the right) and waited, and waited, but no one came. After 45 minutes I went in the mainhall of the restaurant and asked why no one came to take our order. They asked where do we stay, how many are we, but nothing happened. I went to the reception and asked what is happening, but the guy standing there was a little nervous and said they are very busy, they have a group and he can't do a single thing for us. After his reaction I became nervous and asked what will they do if the restaurant is full (it was only half full), but he said nothing.
I returned to the restaurant and waited until someone came and took us the order (after 1 hour of waiting). The waiter was not very happy when we asked him how long will it take for the food to be ready and said he will deliver as fast as possible (we did mentioned that we asked how long will it take to be prepared, not delivered)...
The first course came after 1:15 h, and the main after about 1.5-2 hours.
I was so upset that I said I will give them 1 star on Tripadvisor, but the food was very good and the next day we were served very fast.
Later on that night we saw that they had a group in other part of the hotel (not in the main restaurant).
What I suggest is: in the feature, when you know you have a private event you should put a note at the entry of the restaurant and say that your order will take longer because of that; it's not ok to go and wonder the hotel to ask what's happening (at the restaurant no one said one thing about that event and normally you wonder if you see lots of waiters in a restaurant half full) or... you just close the restaurant because of that event. Also when a client is pissed don't get pissed on him and try to help him (appologies, small discounts can have a lot of value).
You may ask why i didn't leave? Because there were only 2-3 options in the area and I did't felt the need to eat bad food.
As a conclusion: I do recommend the hotel and the restaurant and I will return when I will have the chance, but I ask them to pay more attention to details and how they communicate with their guests.

Room Tip: Best location
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alina I
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Passing through for a mean...just excellent. Service was great and the food was awesome. Me and my family recommend this place 1000/100 for the restaurant. No idea about the hotel itself but I reckon you can't go wrong with it either...:)

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

The hotel and the rooms have been recently renovated in a tasteful and very pleasant design. From the balcony the room has beautiful views of the wooded mountains and the green. The ordinary rooms are nice but quite small. The crowded shower suffers from faulty design that causes the valve to move and changes the water temperature and the power of the current with each movement. We were hosted on a half-board basis, the dinner was adequate and the breakfast was generous and very good. The hotel is recommended as a base for hiking in the area and for recreation.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends