I have been there with a friend for the 7500 marathon.
- the location in the middle of the Bucegi National Park. You can start from the hotel a trail and within 3 hours you can reach the "Omu" summit.
- the hotel itself is charming and with the right level of comfort,
We did not like:
- the road from bucharest is long. If you take the road via Targoviste, , you will have part of forrest road for the last 30km and you will need at leat 1h30 to make it.
- the price of the food is expensive in the restaurant and in the area it is almost the only solution you have
- the bathroom which is not at a satisfactory level.
Overall, a great experience there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Pestera Is situated in the National Park of Bucegi at 1600 meters altitude, in the immediate vicinity of tha Pestera Ialomicioarei Monastary. It currently has 49 rooms ranging from 57 to 69 euro per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Pestera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.