“Very nice place and very kind owners”
Review of Den's Inn

Den's Inn
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Two relaxing days. Very nice location, with a view to Mt. Fuji (if the weather is good). We cycled around the lake using Den's inn bicycles. Room with no noise around. Bathroom and room cleaned. Good wifi connection and English breakfast in the morning. Thanks once more to den's inn hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Francesca B

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I love this little place. Keiko-san, one of the owners, is kind and helpful and chatted to me over the free coffee and toast this morning. The place is well appointed and spotless and because everything is quite new, and the inn is not too big, you get a comfortable and quiet night of sleep. The only thing I might want are some free tea and coffee that you can help yourself to in the communal area upstairs. Other than that, things are spot on. ARIGATO ONEGAISHIMASU!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank elbecuardo69
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I visit the Inn this morning with my mom, daughter and Aunt. After a long walk around the lake area we decided to chilled off as we saw the sign "soft ice cream" ,We decided to take a rest and have a cup coffee.Once we enter the Inn, we request to sit indoor cause the weather these date was crazy. What we get from the lady who work there, don't know if she is the owner or telling us. "Indoor will charge more than outdoor seat." "Well Ok" we thought cause we really can't stand the hot weather. After we had our order and decided to leave I figure out the only mobile we got is out of battery. We tried to call a taxi back to the hotel and we were told by the taxi driver that all the shop will
be very willing to call a taxi for us. So we ask the lady if she can't kindly call a taxi but what we get the reply from her is that" I ll give you the number you call yourself" I told her that my mobile is not working and I ll pay her back which then she call the taxi for us. From my experience I can't believe this service was provide in Japan, start from the beginning the lady staff didn't want to serve us. I don't understand why cause she didnt look busy as there is no other customers. I m hoping if the owner or if she was the owner this kind of hospitality must improve.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Selinahug
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I felt nearly compelled to write this review because my experience was so good. Super nice staff, room was spacious and clean, very cute setup and nice outdoor patio area. Very clean, very peaceful. When we arrived at the station, I wasn't 100% sure if the staff has received my email request for pickup from the station but without fail, a polite person with a cell phone reading "Den's Inn" approached me and within minutes we were on our way! He even offered to take us to the grocery store on the way! *Such* polite and courteous service!

Best various perks: free bike rental, very close to lake Kawaguchiko, free pickup from station and return after stay, free
toast and coffee/tea.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Kerushii
Reviewed June 6, 2013

After a long cloudy/rainy day of hiking around lake kawaguchiko area - my boyfriend and I decided last minute to stay overnight (not the original plan due to time constraint) but by this time it was 8pm; many shops were closed and we were not having much luck searching online. Luckily We met two other travelers and asked where they were staying and immediately they recommended Den's Inn - sharing that the owner is incredibly hospitable, hostel is clean and he even provides free pick up from where we were. - for a great price!

I called and asked about availability- 10 minutes later Kohei (owner of hostel) arrives at the train station to pick us up, just minutes later we were at the hostel and it far exceeded our expectations. It was very very clean, in fact spotless! It was very spacious, homey, and so many unique characteristics about the place. It has an eclectic vintage/ retro flare if that's what you're into - you'll love this place. An awesome collection of 35mm cameras, books on a wide range of topics including photography, , music, antiques and even ufos. Maybe not so many guide books per se but kohei is more than happy to give suggestions and helpful advice.

We felt so spoiled staying here probably because we missed a huge group coming in the next day but he literally went out of his way to make sure we were well taken care of - ie. when we arrived late and were a bit hungry he called around and drove us to a restaurant and picked us up after!

We stayed in the four person dorm but it was more like a private since no one else shared it with us - the bunk beds were like new with crisp/fresh linens ( towels can be rented for 300yen) - there is a shared toilet and shower room is separate. Wifi is free with great connection. Downstairs is a lounging area with a kitchenette free to use - this room is also where he runs his cafe which is frequented by many museum visitors. Kohei runs this hostel with his wife and aunt but during our stay - he was a one man show taking care of everything from checking us in to making drinks/food for us and his guests meanwhile always being available to answer questions.

We woke up to a beautiful day in late May with a clear view of mt. Fuji from our balcony, walked downstairs to find that he was preparing delicious toast and coffee/tea for us (complimentary)- such a nice way to start our morning. We decided to grab a couple bicycles (he has a handful for you to use ) to explore and get some nice photographs of mt. Fuji. Kohei graciously allowed us to store our bags for no extra fee and even using the facilitates to clean up before heading to the train station!

Though we had such a short time here, we both wish we could've stayed longer. This was such a great value and great experience overall!

If you are looking to explore Mt. Fuji - we highly recommend Den's Inn !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aimi D
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here for just one night, but it was a fantastic little place right on Lake Kawaguchiko. We were picked up from the bus station and brought to the Inn. The staff were very kind and helpful. Giving us a map of the area and helping us sort out the local bus the following day to Kofu. Like most places in Japan it was immaculately clean. We had a dorm room and even though there were other guests staying there, she put as all in separate dorms so we could enjoy some privacy, which was very nice. The beds were very comfortable, with ample blankets and pillows. The rooms were spacious, with big sliding doors to let in light. The showers and bathrooms were just outside and were also extremely clean. They had free wifi and also a free computer to use in the upstairs lounge. We were right across the street from Kawaguchiko Lake, and they offered free bike rental to explore. We chose to walk and it was really lovely with a great view of Mt. Fuji. There are some restaurants nearby, but being on a budget we went to the Lawson's just down the road to get some food to go, but the woman was very kind and heated it up for us and let us sit in their downstairs cafe. They also offered us breakfast but we declined. The next day after checkout they let us store our bags in the tatami room while we walked around the lake and then let us use the wifi and sit in the tatami room for a couple of hours until our bus came. It was a really lovely stay, a very nice little Inn, and a perfect spot to see Mt. Fuji. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KrisLizzy03
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hostel is really nice. It is a little way away from Kawaguchiko station although it is still in a really quiet and beautiful area. The owner is a really great chap. Very friendly and talkative. The whole hostel is fairly new and the rooms are all clean and comfortable. We also got free bikes for our stay which was really handy for getting around. If I go back I will most likely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends