My fiancée and I where coming from Tokyo, still a bit jet lagged when we arrived at this hotel. Our first observation was that it's far. But what first seemed like a issue quickly became an asset!!! Really! We took the japanese style room (second door at the end on the first floor corridor). What made our stay so special?
1. Being able to spend the night with the big window wide open so we could hear grasshopper while watching fuji-san all night (see picture).
2. Around the hotel, it's a relax little rural comunity (far from touristy kawaguchi) that is just happy the say hello while you walk or bike by.
3. Last, but far from least, the owners are just perfect! Kind, descrete, and always ready to tell you if you can have just for your self the amazing onsen!
Truly among my best experiences in japan, and whe've been to other amazing places (like the luxurious Hoshinoya in Kyoto).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Priceline, Booking.com and Rakuten so you can book your Sakuya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sakuya Japan/Fujikawaguchiko-Machi