Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com$77
Agoda.com$60
Trip.com$71
Vio.com$64
eDreams$60
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed there 2 nights. I got a pick up at the station. I do not have a phone so I went to the tourism office and they gently proposed to call the hotel for me. I was not sure when I will be arriving.

Originally I booked a dorm but got an upgrade to a room Japanese style. The room was really big with separate bathroom and toilet. There was a tv with JP channels, a table, chairs (JP) etc.. very nice room.
The thing is that this city is very kitsch so is the hotel (to give you an example of what I call kitsch is that you can rent a duck to float on the lake:) ). The bathroom is old but functional. I did not have to share with other people so cannot complain! It is indeed an old hotel, the decoration etc I went around and it seems this is pretty much the same everywhere in Kawaguchiko so at the end it is quite funny to be there!
The location is excellent, 3 minutes walk from the lake. Sight seeing bus too is nearly in front of your door. I did not try the breakfast or dinner but it looked very good. Just so you know you have to book upfront, impossible to just show up for dinner. So I had to go somewhere else and this is when I realized I am in a middle of sleepy town. No much choice when you have no car. A ten to fifteen minutes walk ( which is really okay) then you will find a steak house (excellent meat) and a bit further a great Thai restaurant. It made my day :)

The staff was very nice, smiley. Indeed they are a bit limited with English but really are helpful. The cleaning ladies that I met upon departure were extremely friendly too. I was going to take the bus to go back to the station and it was raining very hard. They gave me a lift with a big smile.
So even if it looks like grand'ma hotel just to have such attitude I recommend it.

For the baths indeed much more men than women go so it is less busy for us! for once :)
I was not so lucky to see the Mount Fuji so well. Only before sunset as it was cloudy. But the mountain around, the lake and surroundings are very pretty. I enjoyed my stay there.

Room tip: I was in room 412, fourth floor, at the end of the corridor, only one neighbor on my left side. I slept very good.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Happy_Mag
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We've booked a traditional room that was huge though its bathroom was old and cold and, in general, the room itself was rather cold as the air-conditioner was not working. Internet was not good either. Staff are nice, they can't speak English very well but are helpful and polite. Lake Kawaguchiko is nearby, good location.
I am not sure I would go back there though as the rooms really need to be modernised.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

A lovely welcome and all staff were incredibly helpful. We were picked up and dropped off at the train station (very much appreciated in the snow!) The evening meal was beautifully presented and delicious and incredibly filling. The breakfast was also a visual feast, but perhaps not suited to those with a western palette! But the real highlight of this place is the indoor and outdoor onsen, worth staying for this extra alone. Nothing can beat sitting in an outdoor onsen of an evening watching the snow fall. Stay here, you won't regret it!

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We booked for a night in this hotel during the Autumn Foliage. We took a bus from Kyoto to Lake Kawaguchiko and it took us two hours to get there. When we arrived at the Bus Station, we had no clue how to get to the hotel so we went to the information counter who was very helpful. They called the hotel and informed of our arrival. After five minutes, the driver came to pick us up. The reception was warm but could hardly speak english. We booked for a Japanese Style bedroom and was impressed by the size of it. It was far more spacious than the one we had in Kyoto. Across the hotel is the Lake Kawaguchiko, Oike Park, Herb Hall and another museum.
What we enjoyed in this hotel is its closeness to the Lake where you can also view Mt. Fuji early in the morning and its hot bath "onsen". The hot bath was truly an amazing and relaxing experience after spending four days in Kyoto walking all day. It is for free as you share the hot bath with other nude women. There is another separate bath for men.

Room tip: Try the Japanese Style room with futton on tatami ( floor ). You may have that the bed is bit hard and pillow has beads when you lay your head however it was the best sleep we ever had during our trip in Japan.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank izziegon
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I was travelling with 2 couples at the time, and we all booked the Japanese Style room. There was no difference in price between single and twin share, and at 10,000 Yen a night, was an expensive night's sleep on the floor. The rooms on the 3rd floor also seemed much larger.
But the worst part was that i was on the same floor as a tour bus, and the cigarette smoke was so thick throughout every room I struggled to breath for most of the most of the night. That said the room reeked of smoke before the tour group even arrived. The noise from doors opening and closing reverberated throughout the floor until well after midnight.
We arrived at 1pm on a very wet day, were told we could not check in until 3pm (which seems standard throughout Japan, though is still irritating) Enquired about the restaurant for dinner, and were told it was booked out for the tour group.
The computer in the lobby was the oldest pc i've seen in a long time, and the free wifi could only access 3 websites.
On the plus side the staff were lovely.

Room tip: Make sure you are NOT on the 2nd floor, as this seems to be the tour group floor. If a tour bus is in, there won't be much sleep happening.
Date of stay: October 2011