“very nice staff..”

Breezbay Lake Resort Kawaguchiko
Sarawak
“very nice staff..”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We reached the Kawaguchiko station and called the hotel. Unfortunately, as expected..the lady staff had a really hard time understanding when I asked directions or enquire on shuttle to their hotel. Asked the lady at information counter..sounded really close.

It was close..but it was certainly not easy at all to walk with a really huge suitcase..and a 2 year old toddler even in his stroller! Hubby was grumpy when we reached the hotel as the hotel was right there on top of a hill!! It was just next to the Ropeway cable car. So we had to walk..and I dragged my 7 months preggie belly pushing stroller up the hill. From outside it looked run down..leaves everywhere(guess it is from the autumn leaves falling)..and as if not maintained that we were wondering if the hotel moved to a new location. We went it and yes......the hotel still runs!

We left our bags..as check in time was in the next 1 hour and decided to go for the Ropeway cable Car while waiting.

But anyway..about the hotel.
Upon entering the hotel..you will have to leave footwears in a dedicated rack for footwear. So you will have to change to indoor sandals before heading towards the counter. Even my small boy had to change. It was no biggie really.

We were greeted by a very friendly man at the counter. I think he is a Mr Matsunami. I suspected so because whenever I emailed the hotel, Matsunami would reply my emails with a pretty good English. And in that hotel, I think he is the only one whom we can actually communicate without having to repeat ourselves or making sign languages. He was really really helpful with everything..and pretty knowledgeable about the area. He booked a steamboat dinner for us after someone cancelled.

The hotel has an onsen bath which was really really hot!!! The onsen is separated between men and women. We wanted to have a private family onsen bath..and you can do that starting from 10pm. First come, first serve. So before 10pm..I already got everyone ready in their bath robes..even for my 2 year old. and we started marching towards the onsen. There was already probably someone else in their bathrobe marching right behind us..but we got there first. And Matsunami is there again..smiling. There is a white board on the wall...so basically you write room number and the one after us will enter the onsen when our time is up. A room is limited to 45 mins in the onsen.

Before the onsen, we had our steamboat dinner. It was really nice as the weather was really really cold...and having something hot was good.... And there he is again..Matsunami. He is just everywhere!

They even have a massage chair next to the onsen. So after onsen..you can just sit down while having some drinks from the vending machines. Beers too.

I was in the lobby doing stuffs online in my onsen bathrobe...and Matsunami suddenly appear with a blanket saying that it is cold. All throughout my stays in hotels..I was never being given a blanket when sitting in the lobby.

Gosh..he can really really make a difference to everything! We reached the hotel feeling grumpy and all..but he was being really helpful with everything.

Staffs in the restaurant was also friendly..even the elderly lady who cleared the table..

Our room...the view was blocked by this reddish coloured tree. So no view. But having the right room..you will have a good view from uphill facing the lake.

Oh well....I will definitely stay there again if he is there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
17 Thank Bungan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Thai first
Bangkok
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is too far to walk with big luggages from kawaguchiko station but limited-time shuttle bus can help. The location is near the KachiKachi ropeway and boat pier. View from room is so excellent even not see Fujisan. This hotel seems to be old but overall is ok. No good view is from the onsen because bamboo fence prevents nude. Hotel staff is so kind, helpful and great service mind. Free wifi is available only the lobby. Massage machine service, water, ice,dvd and japanese comics is offered and no sur-charged. Buffet breakfast is so delicious both western and japanese style. I 'll be back to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends