3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Hotels.com$142
Priceline$131
Trip.com$157
All reviews fuji view top floor japanese style room shuttle bus japanese options rental car bit dated room was spacious kawaguchiko train station great onsen basement lake mt dinner sky cloudy autumn
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Went there around September 2011, and I think it is a nice experience to share.
Hotel is nice, rooms are spacious, though a bit old fashion. As usual with Japanese hotels, the rooms are clean, for sure. Interesting part is rooms facing Mount Fuji, hence, please request rooms like this, though the rate could come at a premium price. They have a nice surrounding garden, and a beautiful one behind the hotel.
Don't miss out the top floor viewing room (facing Mount Fuji). I think one should really sit in this room, enjoy the 270 degree views around the hotel, a beautiful one. And I went here in summer months (actually early Autumn) but the leaves are still very much green. My friends told me, it is beautiful in full Autumn months. Breakfast is good, and again, you can choose tables facing Mount Fuji.
And they have Sauna and hot springs, if I remembered well, on the ground floor, behind the hotel. Don't miss this.

Room tip: specify rooms facing Mount Fuji. Please visit to the top floor of the hotel, the 'viewing room.
Date of stay: October 2011
1  Thank ChoongSH
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Beautiful hotel. The first night we stayed facing Lake Kawaguchiko. Very peaceful view. The second night we stayed with a view of Mt. Fuji. Oh my, waking up to Mt. Fuji is a majestic experience you will never forget! We stayed in a Japanese Tatami room, not a western room and glad we did. The staff is very helpful and polite, as everyone is in Japan. We had breakfast at the hotel (something I usually do not do) and it was amazing and I do suggest it. If you venture on foot to town for dinner, you will find very inexpensive places to eat. We enjoyed a ramen shop. Transportation is easy to and from the hotel. The top floor of the hotel has a viewing room. That is all that is there along with seats. We brought up our "happy hour" and enjoyed the view. The Onsen is amazing. There are 3 baths indoors (one has cold water) and there is another bath outside, which was always my choice. Yes, I would go back! John and Yoko Lennon even stayed there and there is an original John Lennon painting on the wall in the lobby.

Room tip: Request either a Mountain View or Mt. Fuji room. Both are excellent, but you will NEVER forget the Mt. Fuji view in the morning! Also choose the Tatami room if you want the full experience.
Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were lucky enough to stay at this hotel in April and in the middle of the cherry blossom season. The grounds are superb and our room was spacious and a Fuji view room, we awoke to a view of Mt Fuji.The top floor of the hotel is a viewing floor and has panoramic views of Lake Kawaguchiko and Mt Fuji. The hotel shuttle bus picked us up from the station, not a lot to do at night but it was nice to relax. The hotel restaurant is quite expensive, but we found a convenience store just up the road. The hotel shuttle will take you into town. The sightseeing bus hop on and off is good but it is around 30 minutes between buses but there a lots of things to see. The Itchiku Kubota Museum is a must see, there are over thirty hand dyed kiminos on display that form scenes which are truly amazing.A trip to the fifth station is also a must and worth the round trip cost of 2000yen.

Room tip: If you can request a Fuji view room,then do it.
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed February 23, 2011

This is a beautifully situated hotel in a quiet lakeside situation. There are nice walks around the lake from the hotel. We were upgraded to a Fuji View room, possibly because the hotel was very quiet during the week and it was the middle of winter. Pleasant gardens and the views of Fuji were wonderful from our room, the front of the hotel and the observation lounge. It is expensive to stay here but the rate did include breakfast and a 5 course French-style dinner plus tea/coffee each day. We really enjoyed the excellent food and service. The staff were a delight and very helpful. There is a free shuttle bus from the station. The helpful staff at the Tourist Information Office next to the station will ring the hotel on your behalf. There are 3 shuttles from the hotel to the station in the morning every day. This is a very scenic area with lots to see and do. We won't forget our lovely stay here.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank flowerlady64
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I staid in the Fuji View hotel and I found it really nice. The rooms are big and either face Mt Fuji or the beautiful lake behind the hotel. In both cases, it is nice to wake up in the morning with such a view.
The hotel is quite far from the station, so plan to take a cab ( ~ 1500 yens ) to get there. There is however the possibility to take the hotel shuttle at certain hours (call the hotel to make sure).
Around the hotel, there is not much to do except walking on the shore of the lake and maybe rent a jetski (I didn't test it but saw a few places renting it).
If you plan to take the seightseeing bus around the "valley", make sure NOT to go at "Ice Cave" (also known as "Lava Cave"). It's about 50m long, there is strictly nothing to see in it, it is far (count on ~50min trip of bus) and you'll also have to pay (400 yens) to realize it.

Last thing : There is a nice restaurant in the hotel. Even if some friends tried it and said it was decent (even if a little expensive), I prefered to go see around the hotel a find a real japanese restaurant. There are actually 3 of them in a ~1 km radius around the hotel. I tested 2 of them and I eat well for cheap... HOWEVER ... make sure you pack a japanese dictionary (or, as I did, try to be as expressive as you can when you speak english) because the people there speak almost no english, have no english menu nor pictures...

Date of stay: August 2010