“retro”

Ibis Budget St Peters
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in St Peters
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Reviewed February 4, 2013

For the cost I was quite impressed. Good location for public transport, buses. Close to fast food restaurants. The room was very clean with air conditioning. I was able to park my car outside my window. Though the hotel is on a highway, I was surprised how well soundproofed my room was. For $89.00 I really can't fault this place.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Rooms are small but alls i needed was a place to sleep and freshen up.So for what i wanted it was ok and staff were freindly and polite so it was a good place for me.I have no problems in staying at this hotel again in any trip to Sydney.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We only stayed here because we had a very early flight home and it was cheap. It's cheap for a reason, it's really not nice. I know it's a budget hotel but it takes basic to its limit. The room smelled of stale sweat and if you opened the window you get the smell from the KFC next door. The room was tiny, the bathroom even more so. You do get a TV and towels though that's about it.The lady on reception was very friendly though.
I'd stay here again if I had to, but would recommend the Southern Cross hotel which is about 5 minutes walk away. We had a good meal there and the accommodation appears to be better for not a huge amount more.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anneatko67
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I don't know who's idea it was to organize the hotel in such a manner as it is. The rooms are ugly and tight. The smell from the sink is terrrible. I would propose to demolish this hotel, it is a shame. Lots of rubbish around, noisy and unpleasant.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel !
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We made a mistake of booking our room on New Year eve very late, and this is about the only Accor with rooms available, so we had to take it. And what a mistake it was!

I've stayed in over 200+ Accor hotels, from Formule1 (in Perth and Jakarta - and they were both great!) to Sofitels, and I can safely say this is by the worse Accor hotel I've been in.

First off - the location. It wasn't really bad - in a suburb of Sydney, and sandwiched between McDonalds and KFC - which meant you could get food 24/7. Other than that, about everything else about the hotel is bad.

At check-in we were given a key to a room on the basement floor. The strong cigarette + mushy, rotting smell should have been a warning. The real surprise however is when we put entered our room only to find another guest inside smoking what I thought could've been marijuana! It stank and he was as shocked as we were.

We returned to the reception and told the staff about it. No apologies was offered and he was trying to shift the blame on us - as if it was us who chose that room! We were given a room on the third (or was it second?) floor. There were no lifts, so we had to carried our luggage up the fire escape (yes, it was the main stairs and the fire escape in one!),

The room itself looks like it was just cleaned. But no, it was FAR from clean. There were dust everywhere. The TV looks like it's going to fall out anytime. The room is tiny, even by Formule1 standards. The mattress were springy, bouncy and very uncomfortable to sleep in. The bunker bed was losing a nut, so we didn't dare to climb up and use the upper bed. Didn't exactly want us to be the main news on New Year Day.

While you need your room keys to enter the hotel after hours, the doors were opened most of the time. And with no staff on duty at night, I thought the Ibis St Peters looked like a set from a horror slash-and-kill-all-the-guest movie!

Enough said. Won't be going back there. If we couldn't get a room in other hotels on New Year eve next round, we'd stay in our cars!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor and make sure you keep all your valuable with you as there is no...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Darlinghurst
Ibis budget Sydney East
Ibis budget Sydney East
#118 of 186 in Sydney

Been to Ibis Budget St Peters? Share your experiences!