“Great location if visiting Sydney Olympic Park”

Ibis Budget Enfield
Reviewed July 16, 2013

If Sydney Olympic Park is on the itinerary as it's just a 10-mins drive from the hotel. Ibis Budget Enfield offers a very basic room with attached bathroom only. No frills, nothing fanciful but just a simple room. It could be better if there's lift for travellers with big luggages and those who are wheel-chaired bound.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We recently stayed here for one night to attend an event in Sydney.
It was only 10 minutes drive from Sydney Olympic Park and was the cheapest hotel we could find in the area.
The room was clean and comfortable and we didn't hear any noise from other rooms at all.
The room was very small but suited us fine as we really only used it for sleeping.
The only negative of our stay was housekeeping knocking on the door at 8.30am to ask us if we were checking out that day. Thankfully we were already awake but if we were trying to sleep in that would have been annoying. We had booked and paid upfront for only one night and checkout was at 10am so I'm unsure why housekeeping could not get this information from reception.
Other than that everything else was fine. For longer stays we will probably book a bigger room closer to the city, but if we need just one night again then we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There's no lift so request a ground floor room if stairs are an issue.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfortable but you can hear everything going on in the rooms around you. I heard:
A baby crying most of the night.
A young boy (maybe five years old) running up and down the stairs squealing at 11.30pm!
A female in the room above ours throwing up at around midnight.
Traffic alll night long (this I had expected for the location).
And a man just talking loudly to who I think was the female throwing up!

The bed was comfy, the sheets a little scratchy (but I'm not complaining at that price), everything appeared clean, small rooms but again it was expected.
Certainly pack some ear plugs if you want to get any SLEEP though.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It is important to understand that this hotel offers bed and convenience only. Beside it is KFC, Coles Express, McDonalds, Oporto Chicken and Subway, so you need to source your food from them.
Clean rooms, comfortable bed and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was impressed with the service provided during my stay, So far i have had 3 occasions of stay with Ibis Budget Hotel.I was happy about the location & amenities.I would love to stay again.I was impressed with buffet breakfast.I had my little children with me and we found this as childfriendly too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I don't know the name of the receptionist but she was an excellent ambassador for your hotel. The room was clean and bed comfortable and shower had plenty of hot water. Only problem for people my age is the step up into the bathroom and the cramped space when door is closed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strathfield South
Shilla Lodge Hotel
Shilla Lodge Hotel
#2 of 4 in Strathfield
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park Hotel
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park ...
#4 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
#2 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park
Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park
#1 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park

Been to Ibis Budget Enfield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ibis Budget Enfield

Address: 626-628 Liverpool Rd, Strathfield South, Strathfield, New South Wales 2136, Australia (Formerly Formule 1)
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Greater Sydney > Strathfield > Strathfield South
Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Strathfield South
Price Range: $67 - $143 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Ibis Budget Enfield 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Budget Enfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ibis Budget Enfield Strathfield, Australia - Strathfield South