We just returned from a 6 day stay at this wonderful resort in Goa.
We arrived early on a 7AM flight and found the hotel transport waiting for us outside the airport. The hotel is a 60 minute trip away from the airport, but the complimentary stuttle bus made the journey easy in air conditioned comfort. We were worried whether we would get a room that early in the mrning, but the wonderful reception staff made us very welcome and found us a room straight away with a cooling watermelon juice thrown in on arrival. We had initially booked a cottage at Taj Holiday Village but changed plans to move to Fort Aguada as the pool at the Village was closed during our stay.
We stayed in a hillside cottage with a wonderful view overlooking the sea across a very green garden. The room was spacious and very well fitted and decorated with the ususal amenities, ie tea/coffee making, mini bar, LCD TV and a DVD and a complimentary fruit tray and newspaper every morning. the bathroom was also spacious with a bathtub and seperate shower cubicle.
The resort is quite big and with some of the cottage and villas situated higher on the hillside, the trek up in the noon sun could be quite strenous, but the hotel has a fleet of buggies and cars which are always available to take you up to your room. Also the Taj Holiday Village is right next to Fort Aguada and all residents can use facilities of both properties and here the free car service to shuttle between either property comes in very handy. We ofter had breakfast at one place lunch at the other and so on..
The food...breakfast was very good with a wide spread of continental and Indian stuff. good selection of croisants, rolls, danishes, doughnuts and cakes, good selection of breads and fresh fruits and chef on hand to make eggs as you like it. I asked for a Eggs Benedict and the chef made it perfectly. Loads of Indian foods as well. We stayed on full board, so we had all lunches and dinners there from the buffet. Good selection, but obviously was designed for the western palate with less spices. The buffet did tend to get a bit repetitive after a couple of days, but the chefs were always happy to ask if we wanted something else and make it for us seperately. But maybe the next time we would choose the bed and breakfast option and opt to try the food at the inumerable local joints out of the resort.
Swimming pool - great, with a view overlooking the sea. Great little semi private beach which is quite nice and never too crowded, and is the place from where you can get a lot of watersports. Be prepared to haggle though for para-sailing and jet sking and start at half the asking price!
Location - great. this is in North Goa on the stretch of shoreline with lovely beaches like calangute, baga and anjuna just next to one another. Panjim the capitol city is a 20 min taxi ride away. Bit of advice, booking taxis at the hotel travel desk is an expensive option; book privately from outside at half price.
The Taj staff were simply wonderful and no request was any trouble for them.
Overall, great break and cant wait to come back again. Thank you Taj for a great holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa is at its best. Romantic. Charming. Vibrant. It has history woven in its walls. It's where royalty, heads of government and the biggest celebrities are known to frequent. For the luxury Goa experience, which no other place has been able to recreate. Not much has changed. In the renewed rooms, cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the Jiva spa where you'll go Ah! In our continuous endeavor to offer our guests the best product, service and value through the years, the Swimming pool at Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa will be closed between 10th to 25th September 2017 (both days inclusive) for periodic maintenance activity. During this period the pool facilities at our sister property Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa will be available for use to our guests. Please be assured that the hotel has taken all necessary measures, to minimize the inconvenience caused to our guests. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted. All other facilities, and services remain fully operational during this period. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa India