Without being able to use the next door Taj facilities this hotel would be rated a 3. It's not 5 star and doesn't live up to other Taj's.
- location over the fort is different
- friendly staff always around to assist
- nice cottage room amidst the foliage but be warned if you don't like steps you'll be forever waiting for a car to take you around
- nice spa
- good priced restaurants at both fort and holiday village
- good room service
- beach bar and latitude at fort excellent service
- superb service at pool bar set holiday village
- airport shuttle offered
- free car shuttles to spa and holiday village (although you can walk to later down the beach)
- only informed one week before arrival that Italian restaurant to be closed during stay for refurb. Heard good things about it and wanted to eat there
- morisco was ok but service terrible
- breakfast was a free for all canteen service which was awful so ate breakfast at the holiday village after our first day ( nicer setting and better food).
- dirty bedding on arrival to room which went unoticed so had to call housekeeping to change (they did and we're very prompt and apologetic)
- sun beds outside room not set up on arrival and had to make 3 requests for sun bed mattresses
- pool at fort nice but when there are Indian men taking photos of you from reception and then come to the pool to continue felt very uncomfortable and so after first day spent time at holiday village pool ( reception at fort overlooks the pool and was not comfortable experience).
- worst was the no alcohol period due to elections. Appreciate they have to abide by the law but this in no way was communicated to us prior to arrival or at check in. It was only when we read our welcome letter that we realised and what makes it worse is that I had been in communication with the hotel and discussed with reception on check in as the stay was specifically for my wedding anniversary ( which fell at the start of the dry day which lasted 48 hours). If we had been informed by the hotel then we would have come to goa first and spent the last days at the taj in mumbai ( we did mumbai first and the alcohol ban wasn't on there as they weren't voting during the period) thus it ruined the ability to really celebrate our anniversary with a bottle of bubbly!
Disappointing stay and won't return sorry to say!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa is at its best. Romantic. Charming. Vibrant. It has history woven in its walls. It's where royalty, heads of government and the biggest celebrities are known to frequent. For the luxury Goa experience, which no other place has been able to recreate. Not much has changed. In the renewed rooms, cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the Jiva spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa India