“Excellent hotel-good experience”

Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sinquerim
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have stayed in Deluxe allure suite with my wife and daughter.It was seaview room which have one bedroom,one living area and a balcony.We can see the sea and the beach from the room and balcony.Hotel was spacious and food was excellent.Reception,travel desk and askdesk persons were prompt and efficient.I was a little bit disappointed with restaurant personnels,though.As the hotel was already crowded even in late October,often we had to wait a few times during breakfast,but the lady managing the entrance was not polite,once after she had allotted a table to us,but forgot the same and actually told us to go out when we had already taken food on the plate!
The spa was nice and professional.For the children there were games like pool table,archery,target shooting which was fun.There was an activity area for children also.For those who wants to play tennis/squash you must bring your sports-shoe,as you probably do(I didn't).And being an avid reader myself,I would like if there was a bigger bookshop with more choice of books.

Room Tip: Book seaview rooms,you can see some adventure sports activity also,it may help you to chose what to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
VivantaFortAguada, General Manager at Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj - FortAguada, Goa.

At the outset I thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Goa. I have noted your feedback and I humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured your feedback has been noted with utmost seriousness and has been taken up with my Restaurant team for corrective action and non recurrence in the future. Training is also being reinforced so that the service delivery is in keeping with the standards of the Taj. I have also noted your suggestion. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us as it helps us improve upon our existing standards of service.

Please do let me know regarding your next visit to Goa in order for me to personally ensure that you have a seamless and a memorable stay with us.

Besides the above we are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay at our resort and we look forward to welcoming you again to Goa, and to the Vivanta by Taj - FortAguada in the near future.

Vivanta by Taj – Fort Aguada, Goa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,368)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Goa in rains is an experience that many have only recently started to wake up to. Whilst the shacks are firmly shut, water sports nonexistent and the crowds conspicuous by their absence, the green carpet that Nature rolls out following the watery turbulence of Monsoon more than makes up for it. Because its not on the popular tourist map yet, this also is an opportunity to find great deals at starred properties which will otherwise relieve you of your purse rather quickly during season.

Taj Aguada (along with the adjoining Holiday Village) is a great property and a landmark in North Goa. It is built on the ramparts of the old Fort and the centuries old Portuguese construction accentuates the well appointed luxury of the modern resort that has now taken over. Rooms echo with luxury, the swimming pool almost but not quite overlooking the sea is splendid and the many restaurants within the resort will leave your hunger satiated but the senses hankering for more. If you feel like eating outside, there are many restaurants both within walking as well as a short bike ride distance and the popular Calangute-Baga road is also not very far. There’s no beach to speak of at Aguada, but you can get a (free) ride to the neighboring Holiday Village which has a small but lovely beach. Be careful during the rains though for the sea can get very rough and the standing advice is not to get in. Sports facilities at the activity center are quite wide ranging with TT, Squash, Cricket, Tennis and an adequate gym all of which will doubtless keep you completely occupied.

Taj hospitality is well worth the price it comes at. Guests are truly taken care of and with the smorgasbord of activities available, there is never a dull moment. The high ratings on Tripadvisor are an accurate reflection of reality and you would surely come back wishing for more.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
VivantaFortAguada, General Manager at Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from the Vivanta by Taj – Fort Aguada, Goa.

Thank you for your kind message of appreciation further to your stay with us. Your comments are most encouraging for us and in particular your compliments.

Your message has been shared with our team and we sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Sincere advise just stay away from this hotel unless you have lots of money and not sure how to proceed.

its a joke when they say the hotel is 5 star. Its not even the best 2 star hotel in Goa. Hotel Rates are of course 5 star and the food so pathetic. They have a theory of condensation within the room , they have a sit out but was told not open the door as the room gets wet due to condensation which is worst statement I heard after paying nearly 12000 per day.

Our trip is only 2 days old since we returned back , me and wife are thinking of the wonderful trip we had last year at a 3 star property which stands out in our mind.

Room Tip: Just avoid this hotel , I am sure they are better hotel in Goa.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank hemachandran2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa.

If you would allow me a few moments of your time, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us.

We are very concerned about your experience and if it is not too much trouble, may I please ask you for a most convenient time and contact phone number that I may call you under as I would like to speak with you. May I kindly request you to please email us your contact phone number on our email id vivanta.fabrgm@tajhotels.com

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Right then, what can one say about a hotel that has 786 reviews already. It's got to be one of the most well known properties in Goa and with very good reason.

The best asset for the property is really the phenomenal view of the sea especially during sunrise and sunset. I was fortunate to get a room with a view. Further, the property is so huge that you can walk around and get some alone time. There is also a direct access to the beach - which also has water sports.

The service is outstanding - shuttle services from the airport, very good breakfast (a delightful spread).

The one downside is that clearly the hotel needs some investment as it is ageing - I was surprised to see the paint of the walls of my room coming off... something completely unexpected

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Good evening!

At the outset, I thank you for taking the time out to share the feedback of your recent stay with us. It is indeed a pleasure to hear from our guests on areas of improvement, as we incessantly strive to gain from the same. I have noted your specific feedback with regards to the refurbishment of the Resort and I request you to please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. As far as up gradation of the Resort is concerned, I would like to mention that the Resort is being renovated gradually. We are in the process of upgrading our entire property and assure you that we shall have a more modern and chic product soon.

Besides the above we are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay at our resort and we look forward to an opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here for 10 days, the building some of the buildings are old and need renovation to bring up to expected Taj standards. The only 5 star accommodation are the cottages which are well removed from the beach and pool. Pool is small and overcrowded. However this hotel has a top notch location and service was great and that earns it a 4 rating.

Room Tip: The lowest "level" rooms are the best!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
VivantaFortAguada, General Manager at Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you with us during your recent visit to Goa and I take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have noted your specific feedback with regards to the renovation of the Resort and I request you to please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured the same is being looked into. As far as up gradation of the Resort is concerned, I wish to bring to your notice that the Resort is being renovated gradually. We are in the process of upgrading our product and in due course will indeed have a better product to meet the expectations of our discerning guests.

The team at the Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Our office took us to Taj Fort Aguda for a conference of five days and it was one of the best conferences I have ever attended!!! The best part of the of the hotel is its location. The hotel is actually a fort, which is right bang in the middle of the sea.....the view if absolutely amazing. Our room was sea facing and had a small garden in front of it.....the sea was right in front of the garden!!! The food is so so...nothing too great to talk about.....the facilities are also ok. The best thing about the hotel is the view.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Vivanta by Taj, Fort Aguada, Goa.

At the outset, I thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Goa. I have noted your feedback and have shared it with my team. Rest assured the same is being looked into.

We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay at our Resort and we look forward to welcoming you again to Goa, and to the Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada in the near future.

With kind regards and best wishes,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed in Fort aguada beach resort built and managed by TATAs but actually the name TATA never creeps in our mind,because this beach resort is so good ,so nice,so worth for the money spent we forget the name TATA but when AGUADA BEACH RESORT the very name one feel it belongs to TATA and our mind and heart feel just for AGUADA BEACH.
persons who stay be it one day or two days or even ten days can never show bored feel or face, they love each minute stay as if this belongs to them as a palace.
THE BEACH RESORT IS MUCH LIKE RELAXING. A PERSON LOVE TO BE BOTH IN THE RESORT AND ON THE BEACH.
In other resorts we feel like to walk, swim and enjoy the stay the sands and watch the tourists but in this resort it is like heaven feel as long on stays.
This resort is LOVE AT SIGHT .
Before I travelled or planned the very feel of staying in this magnificient resort I became so thrilled and joyfull not for the sea or beach or sands,it was just the very idea of having a chance to stay not for once but twice at the same time.
FIRST THREE NIGHTS JUST MELTED LIKE SNOW.
i felt so sad 3 days and nights went so fast I came back after exit and that too in few hours time and extended the stay by another 3 nights.
SO good is the rooms and the dining place filled with people and the very sitting at dining place is enough feel for one never to get bored.
FOOD WAS SO GOOD,AND THE SWIMMING POOL TO WATCH WAS ENOUGH FEEL FOR ME AND FAMILY
FORT AGUADA BEACH IS REALLY CHERISHING TO REVISIT THAT IS THIS REVIEW TO THE BEACH RESORT.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Vivanta by Taj, Fort Aguada, Goa.

We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay at our Resort and we look forward to welcoming you again to Goa, and to the Vivanta by TAJ - Fort Aguada in the near future.

With kind regards and best wishes,

Vivanta by Taj – Fort Aguada, Goa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sinquerim
Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Caravela Beach Resort

Been to Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa? Share your experiences!