While we did not stay at the Vivanta by Taj, Fort Aguada, Goa, we did come for a meal to the Lattitude Restaurant at this Taj property.
This five star property has Lattitude, an all day dining, multi-cuisine restaurant, located next to the pool side and overlooking the fort as well as the beach. In short a spectacular view from all the tables looking outside to the beach.
Even more outstanding than the view was the food at this restaurant. What particularly struck me was the wide variety of the cuisines that were on offer. One could not have asked for a better choice of cuisines. While deciphering the various cuisines could pose a problem for those who are not too familiar with the exotic names of the dishes, here the waiter and the steward were very helpful in making us choose the kind of food that we would like to eat. We were a family of four with different tastes and would have had a problem in deciding what to order but for the help of the steward. Food as varied as a club sandwich for the elder son, a herb chicken for the younger one, a batata banastari and paneer lababdaar for my wife and myself. Generous helping and lip smacking taste.
I must mention the role that Vipul, the waiter played along with his associate Rahul, in making this meal so memorable and enjoyable. Good food, extra-ordinary view and ambiance and exemplary service! What more could one ask for? Wait! The best was yet to come. The bill. I was amazed, to say the least, to see a bill of Rs. 1683 only for a meal for four. Boy oh boy! This was too good to be true.
We repeated this eating out at this fantastic restaurant called Lattitude for the next three days.
Thank you Vivanta by Taj and Vipul particularly who had understood our taste buds by the second day of our coming to this place. On one of the days when he could not personally attend he made sure that the waiter who was attending to us understood our unique requirements and choices in food.
I would also like to mention the Pastry chef at this property who turned out some mouth watering delicacies for us in the next two days. Inviting to look at, sensuous to the smell and the taste buds and presented as if it was an entry to the master chef competition.
Well done Taj. Keep it up. You have a family of your fans in us. Next trip to Goa and we know where to dine out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa is at its best. Romantic. Charming. Vibrant. It has history woven in its walls. It's where royalty, heads of government and the biggest celebrities are known to frequent. For the luxury Goa experience, which no other place has been able to recreate. Not much has changed. In the renewed rooms, cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the Jiva spa where you'll go Ah! In our continuous endeavor to offer our guests the best product, service and value through the years, the Swimming pool at Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa will be closed between 10th to 25th September 2017 (both days inclusive) for periodic maintenance activity. During this period the pool facilities at our sister property Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa will be available for use to our guests. Please be assured that the hotel has taken all necessary measures, to minimize the inconvenience caused to our guests. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted. All other facilities, and services remain fully operational during this period. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa India