“Worldclass Spa & Gym”

Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sinquerim
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Thank you to Shabnam Kapadia and her team for making my time at the Spa and Fitness centre one of the most memorable ,first class experiences that I have encountered anywhere in the world in any of my travels. Attention to detail from the minute I arrived was second to none. Being greeted by a warming cup of lime, mint and jaggery tea , elegantly served to me on a tray as I waited in the seating area made me feel pampered from the minute I entered the doors. I was also offered an ice cold , wet, rolled up face cloth to refresh my face after coming in from the sweltering heat. It was magic to have that offered to me.Such a nice touch.
The gym facilities were world class. As a 1/2 marathon runner I needed reliable equipment that would enable me to continue my training whilst on holiday and they exceeded my expectations, everything was high quality and very modern. Staff were incredibly attentive and helpful (Massive thank you to Rahoul and Murktar and the other staff for all their help and hospitality . The cleanliness levels in this gym are like nothing I have encountered anywhere in the world. Attentive Attendants are standing by to sanitise every machine and piece of equipment every time someone uses it. It was the cleanest , best kept gym I have ever been to and puts many western gyms I have been to to shame. Complimentary bottles of water, energy drinks and clean towels are always on the ready . And the changing rooms....They are a dream!!! Small ,but not cramped they are immaculate and are thoughtfully kitted out with luxurious smelling lotions and potions , hairdryer, etc... They have thought of everything. Ram , the pool manager also deserves a mention. The pool staff incredible and always made sure I was comfortable and well looked after.The service here was so personal and some of the best anywhere .Thank you all for making my visit so wonderful and i very much look forward to returning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TravelKatt19
Write a ReviewReviews (2,386)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My stay was in July 2012.. we were awestruck by Goa’s beauty and Vivanta’s hospitality just made it better! Some of the high points were:

• Location: Excellent! Right by the Arabian sea, with easy access to the Fort Aguada and its lighthouse. The property itself is clean, green and well maintained and the pool is overlooking the sea as well.
• Operations: Well organized to the tee. From airport pick-ups to airport drops to organizing local travel cabs, everything was brilliant! Even the cabs to pick/ drop from the main lobby to the rooms were clean and quick.
• Team: The staff is courteous and helpful and provided information whenever one seeks. Most of them have a smile on their face even when they are on ‘break-shifts’
• Rooms: The garden view villas are huge, right in the middle of beautiful gardens providing ample privacy for a couple. Each room also has an open sit-out area for some time at leisure . At the sea view rooms, which are comparatively smaller, one wakes up to the sound of the sea. (Beautiful!)
• Food: Not too bad though they can improve on this particular front. They have a large spread at their coffee-shop though the dishes are just average. Their seafood specialty restaurant is pretty good though!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debi234
Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was our honeymoon trip and taj made it great .hospitality was amazing ,no doubt that is leading the hospitality industry
The left wing of the main block is better as its almost inside the sea with great views . They gave us a surprise everyday ,cake to flower bed deco .
Property is vey nice and one would surely enjoy .

Room Tip: Take the left wing rooms as you face the sea from resort .
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shanky99
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at Taj Fort Aquada last year. We got a good deal. The overall service and quality right from picking us up from the Goa Airport to dropping us back there was very pleasant.

The staff was very polite and helpful. However the fittings and finishing in the room were quite old. The A/C developed some problem and gave out pungent smell. We were then transferred to a different room.

The food however is excellent in all of their restaurants especially in The Banyan Tree in the neighboring Taj Resort.

All and all our stay was worth every penny. My only suggestion would be that they can improve a bit on their in-room appliances.

PS: Wifi is usually free everywhere and you would expect the same from this 5* hotel. But surprisingly it is not which is very strange.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room. Its really amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pulakit
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Had been to Taj with my baby,huby and another couple. We sat in the loeer deck where they had king sized bed type sitouts overlooking the ocean.The breeze,the ambience ,food was all just zuperbbb.its worth the visit.A big applause to Taj .u rock. BUT sadly my hubys glares got stolen from our table.We did ask for help but unsuccessful.So please take care of your valuables.Was unhappy with the incident.But that doesnt steal the praise i got for the restaurant and location!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Pri27_12
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel consists of a series of cottage type accommodations arranged along the old fort wall but also on the slope to the top of a hill. We were given a room in a cottage quite far from the reception and restaurant but a very convenient shuttle car service lessened the inconvenience. We usually walked down the hill to the reception and took a car back to the room. The location of the hotel is excellent, near the beach and withing walking distance of several beach restaurants. We recommend the Calamari, ten minutes away on the beach or 15 minutes on the road. Perhaps it's safer to go by the beach. Prices are most reasonable. Our single complaint was that the tile floor in the room was quite dirty. I complained to housekeeping and, instantly, someone showed up with an equally dirty mop to clean it up. We told them to come back later. Service in general was quite personal and, after a couple of trips in the shuttle car, the exceedingly friendly folks out front remembered us and our location. That made us feel special. One of the best things about the hotel is the free shuttle service to and from the airport which is located about 75 minutes away and would cost a bunch by taxi.

Room Tip: enjoy the spacious and comfortable lobby.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OldNick
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have just returned from a wonderful holiday at this hotel. We arrived at 1 a.m in the morning tired and hungry. We had booked a room for 3 people as our 21 year old daughter came with us. Could not have asked for a nicer room, with one king size bed and a fold away bed the same size as a single in the uk which our daughter said was realy comfy.
We ordeerd room service and food arrived within 20 minutes and a lovely cold bottle of wine perfect after our long journey.
Breakfast at the hotel is realy good although the egg station does struggle a little when busy.
Pool area is great although again when busy does need more sun loungers.
Abig thank you to Sanjeev for finding and returning my ipod before i even realised i had left it behind. He was there every morning with a smile, a flower and a bottle of water each.
We had a complementary Goan meal on our last night which we didnt know about until reception called to tell us. If we had known before hand we would have had this earlyer in our holiday as it was a rush with going back to airport and the food was beautiful so would have liked to take longer over it.
We have been to alot of places for New Year and although the Taj was sedate compared to Thailand, the Staff at Taj could not have made it any better food and entertainment were excellent value for money and we had a great night.
Overall our stay here was excellent and would recomend to anyone to come here even if you have young children you would have no problems.
We even returned to our room each day to find that the cleaners had made us little animals etc from the towels.

Room Tip: If you have walking difficulties there isnt realy a problem with cottages as there are cars that wil...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sinquerim
Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Caravela Beach Resort

Been to Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa? Share your experiences!