The room and the property were excellent, and the restuarants were fun places. Of the four days at Goa, first two days we stayed at Taj Holiday Village and the other two days at Taj Fort Aguada. Though the properties were right next to another and certain facilities common and pricing similar, the service levels were vastly different.
The room type was “Premium Indulgence Room, with a sea view”. It had an excellent view of the sea, from the room as well as from the huge sitout. One can hear the sea from the room all times. Well worth the premium in tariff and its part of the main building complex, so close to all the facilities.
The entrance and reception area are beautiful, with a fantastic sea view and sitting arrangement.
1. Check in – was pleasing experience. The staff actually spent a few minutes with us to explain various facilities we could use, including some of the common ones for both hotels like Spa, recreation center etc .
Again we landed an hourly early because we checked out of Holiday Village was at 1:00pm , but the hotel was happy to accommodate.
2. Room - It was large, (larger than the cottage we used at Holiday Village), with a nice ante room at the entrance, before the master bedroom. The sea view was fantastic. No more words to describe it. The pool chairs laid out in the balcony was the place where our family spent our time.
3. Other facilities –
They had decent mix of DVDs (Hindi & English), which we used both the days. Staff was more than happy to deliver and pick from the room.
The activity center for Kids – Giggles was fun. Both my daughter and husband did some art and craft while I was away shopping. And she even got some tattoos done
Swimming pool – Though not too big, was good enough. Again the staff there was quite cooperative and cheerful. Forgot some of my stuff at the pool and they promptly retrieved it. Used it on both the days.
Spa & Astrologer – Again a common resource for both the hotels, visited him as well !! Apparently he is quite popular around there. Had taken an appointment at the salon and had to cancel last minute, but wasn’t an issue with them.
4. The reception and front desk were quick to take calls and give suitable responses. We dint have hold the call for more than a minute anywhere.
5. Restuarants were excellent. We tried three of them – Latitude the coffee shop, II Camino – Italian , SFX – Lounge bar
Latitude the food was just right and not bland, a with a good variety of Indian dishes and some goan delicacies which we tried. The cashew ussal was great. Staff and ambiance made my four year daughter equally comfortable. We had a pleasant surprise in store when the waiter we interacted with in the morning sent her a special pastry in the night, wishing her sweet dreams!
II camino – We went there for dinner, (Anniversary night) – tried out some Italian fare – Pizza and Brisotto, staff was well informed and helped us make a choice. Made something special for my daughter again . Got to chat with the Chef as well. Would go back again !
SFX – Was the best experience. Right across the sea, with vast cane seats.. and totally relaxing after an evening at the pool ! Must visit in the evening if one were to go anywhere near Fort Aguada.
6. Room service and housekeeping were efficient and non intrusive. Checkout and transfers were smooth and pleasant. The coach was made available on time. The hotel staff cared to ask for the feedback and even sent a reasonably detailed questionnaire to gather feedback and acknowledged receiving the same.
7. Overall value for money and a memorable experience. We dint have to step out of the hotel the two days. Hope to go back once again !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa is at its best. Romantic. Charming. Vibrant. It has history woven in its walls. It's where royalty, heads of government and the biggest celebrities are known to frequent. For the luxury Goa experience, which no other place has been able to recreate. Not much has changed. In the renewed rooms, cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the Jiva spa where you'll go Ah! In our continuous endeavor to offer our guests the best product, service and value through the years, the Swimming pool at Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa will be closed between 10th to 25th September 2017 (both days inclusive) for periodic maintenance activity. During this period the pool facilities at our sister property Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa will be available for use to our guests. Please be assured that the hotel has taken all necessary measures, to minimize the inconvenience caused to our guests. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted. All other facilities, and services remain fully operational during this period. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, DerbySoftTaj, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Prestigia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa India