I ended up staying in the more expensive "villas" on the hill above the main building. Totally would not recommend it. These are older cottages, not updated. By that I mean, badly fit and mismatched doors and fittings, off-color thick caulking in baths, 16 inch TV-box in the bedroom, etc etc. I suppose if you wanted to live in the 1940s style this could be nice. Most hotels at this level elsewhere would preserve the traditional style but update the interiors with high thread count cotton linens, proper bed with mattress and box spring etc. Not here.
Also the room service dinner was horrible. By the way the hotel is 1.5 hours off from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa, spreading across a picturesque 42 acres, meanders into the ramparts of the 17th century Portuguese coastal fort. The resort spreads on the sea front along the Sinquerim to Calangute beach stretch. It is an hour and half drive from the airport. Airport transfers by coach are offered as a complimentary courtesy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoftTaj, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa India