I stayed in Taj Fort Aguada on two ocassions in a span of 10 days and I must say I am very impressed with the level of service and hospitality they bring.I had booked into superior charm rooms both the times and I got upgraded to garden view cottage both times without even asking!The cottage is spacious though a little dated, has a large lawn in front of it with sun beds and hammocks all to yourself.You get fantastic views of the sea from these cottages and they are to die for!The breakfast buffet is very good with plenty to choose from and again, the service of the waiters is impeccable and they all know you by name wherever you go within the hotel.I did try the breakfast buffet on one day at the Holiday Village and was terribly disappointed due to very average food and service was terrible perhaps due to the huge rush by largely families to this property.I did stay at the Holiday Village last year and it was a very good experience overall and I was quite surprised by the lack of quality at least in the service and food this time around.
Coming back to the Fort Aguada property, they are very well positioned for sight seeing/partying as they lead right into Calangute and Baga stretch.The service at SFX lounge could be plenty improved and the in-room dining seemed to be good only for the Indian varieties of food.The gym is shared by both the Taj properties and its quite compact and efficient with trainers to help out with very good equipment.Another thing I was a little miffed by is that they have just 4 english channels on their TV and it was terrible for me to stay in the room whenever I had nothing else to do, needs more choice!
My birthday fell during one of my stays and they were kind enough to make it special with a cake,flowers and a group of Goan singers!They really do know what personalization of services is for sure.Special mention to Nalisha for having been so hospitable and having made my trip amazing.Taj Fort Aguada has just become my favorite place to stay at the next time I visit Goa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa is at its best. Romantic. Charming. Vibrant. It has history woven in its walls. It's where royalty, heads of government and the biggest celebrities are known to frequent. For the luxury Goa experience, which no other place has been able to recreate. Not much has changed. In the renewed rooms, cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the Jiva spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa India