Just returned from this hotel after a two week holiday and I have to say, the experience was simply wonderful.
Originally we had booked with Thomas Cook to stay at the adjacent Taj Holiday Village but they changed us to the Fort Aguada Resort citing 'health and safety issues' at the Holiday Village. I'm glad they did - I went to look at the Holiday Village and in my opinion the Fort Aguada Resort was much nicer, set on a hillside in the most beautiful, lush tropical gardens.
We had a superior room, which was in a small semi-detached villa with it's own garden. It was beautifully furnished with a big plasma screen TV and DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities.
The pool area is small but really nice and we never had a problem getting a lounger.
The staff just can't do enough for you. They are very well trained and always smiling and polite.
Everything is spotlessly clean.
We stayed on the half board option and the food is really good quality - if perhaps a bit limited in choice. The breakfast buffet was great.
If I go again, I think I'd probably just do bed and breakfast. There are so many places to eat in Candolim. European, Chinese, Asian - all styles, and it's really cheap outside of the hotel, although prices are higher for drinks etc. in the hotel but still not bad considering the standard of hotel.
The hotel is just at the edge of Candolim resort in a nice quiet position. The beach is not particularly good just in front of the hotel but it's nicer just a little further on as you get near to the town. A taxi costs next to nothing and it just takes a few minutes to Candolim centre.
Probably not a good choice for children. The Holiday Village looked to have more kid's facilities but that suited us. Ideal for couples.
A bit hilly but there are little buggies to take you around if you have walking difficulties.
Liked Candolim a lot. Not too busy, not too quiet.
If you like a really 'chilled' holiday though - the resorts in South Goa are a lot quieter.
One of the best holidays ever. Would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa is at its best. Romantic. Charming. Vibrant. It has history woven in its walls. It's where royalty, heads of government and the biggest celebrities are known to frequent. For the luxury Goa experience, which no other place has been able to recreate. Not much has changed. In the renewed rooms, cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the Jiva spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa India