“Caravella restaurant: Something for the entire family”

Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sinquerim
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We end up visiting the Caravella on every trip to Goa.
It has a lovely setting, but you must make sure that you are sitting on the airy deck, next to the beach. The restaurant inside is stuffy since the kitchen exhausts make the place very unpleasant.
The restaurant has an expansive menu and we have always had great choice: some favirotes are the Chicken Burger, and the Chicken Kathi Roll. Apart from that the indian food is also good: Butter Chicken, Methi Chicken, Dal Makhni and the indian breads.
Most of all the staff is really very courteous and really very attentive.
We end up going back, not only for the food but also the general ambience and great hospitality.
We are sure to be back !!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
HolidayVillage_GM, General Manager at Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj-Holiday Village, Goa!

At the outset, thank you for taking time out and appreciate your detailed feedback . As it is indeed the pre-eminent barometer by which we can measure our achievements and shortfalls in providing the Best of services to our valued guests. I humbly request you to please accept my sincere apologies for the series of inconveniences that you were faced with.

With kind regards and best wishes,

Vivanta by Taj – Holiday Village , Goa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,329)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife presented me with a stay here on my last birthday and it proved to be an absolutely perfect birthday gift. There is something about Taj's hospitality which sets it apart from other hotels. We were made to feel at home from the moment we stepped in .The check in procedure was very smooth as they had kept everything ready.We also got upgraded to a villa which I think was sheer luck .

The view of the Arabian Sea from the hotel is fabulous .You can enjoy a beautiful sun set here .Overall the property is very good an peaceful.on.If you want to have some fun out in the sea the Sinquerim Beach is right there.

The thing which I remember from my stay is that they especially set us a table for us in the their garden when we insisted on having our dinner out next to the swimming pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Greetings from Goa. At the outset, I thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Goa. We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay at our Resort and we look forward to welcoming you again to Goa, and to the Vivanta by Taj – Holiday village in the near future....

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The lotion was very interesting and fantastic. The facility itself as hotel can be also very good, if every staff really try to make it so. But still now they are just pretend to do so maybe so.

In India or Sri Lanka, there are some times common problems as to toilets cleaning.
I think that is the one point with which  we can judge whether the hotel is 1st class or not.

From the point this hotel is not the first class.
There are bad smells as the bus curtain and the toilet was not cleaned very well.
We can say the same thing also about the restaurant service, concierge service and bell boy services.
They just do their job without thinking to improve or trying to offer the very good services.

It is really a pity.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village,, Goa.

It was indeed, a pleasure to have you with us during your recent visit to Goa and I take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have noted your specific feedback and I request you to please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please do feel free to write to me directly when you are ready to plan your next trip to Goa in order for me to personally ensure that you have a seamless and a memorable stay with us.

We value your patronage and we look forward to an opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed there two times, always satisfied with our stay. Villa sea view is very nice and comfortable. The hotel grounds is very beautiful. Food is exceptional. The staff is very nice. We are definitely coming back!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NadiaIEUA

Greetings from Goa.

I am delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and our services measured up to your expectations.

Do let me know of your future travel plans to Goa and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to Vivanta by Taj –. Holiday Village,

Thanking you and assuring you of our best of attention and services at all times.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

An absolutely stunning location and extremely well presented. The rooms are set in little separate cottages or in larger building (with only 4 or so rooms) in beautiful gardens with banyans, palms and flowers everywhere. The food is of exceptional standard and there is great variety. Tip: room service has the same huge range as the main restaurant at the same prices. Wifi, at an additional charge, is available throughout the hotel grounds.

Downside is, of course, that everything is rather pricey (e.g. WiFi for 24 hours cost around 750 Rupees which is ~£7.50!). Also, in the evening the bar shuts around 11pm so nightlife within the hotel is fairly barren.

Room Tip: Few cottages would actually have a sea view. To be honest, I preferred the jungle/garden views mysel...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings from Goa.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were booked thru Agoda for 2 premium garden view rooms from 23rd- 27th Nov 13.The checkin was good and we were given two adjacent rooms.The overall apperance of the room seemed nice but there were a few issues that appeared once we settled down in the night to sleep. A few issues pertaining to hygiene and cleanliness. Since it was late I just asked for some extra bed linen and decided to do up the bed myself. But I did call up the Duty Manager(DM) to give my feedback and have the issue sorted out the next day.In the morning I again reminded the DM coincidently the same person was on duty, he assured that everything would be taken care off.
Well I think that's were he felt that his duty ended. For it was left to the Housekeeping to takeover and solve the issue. The room attendant ( her name was Usha if I remember correctly) and the supervisor went out of the way to sort out the issues and make our stay comfortable. But the sad part was that for 4 days no one from Front desk/ guest relations bothered to check how our stay was.
It was only left to the HK staff to hold the fort. On 26th a senior executive from HK came to enquire about our stay.
We dined at the coffee shop for nearly all our meals and found the staff to be extremely courteous. For my B'day I had place an order for a cake which was personally handled by Dereck.It was a nice gesture for it was with compliments from the Chef's side.
A day prior to the checkout the bill sent by reception had a lot of discrepancy, mainly because the breakfast had been charged though it was a part of the package( this happended even after sending the voucher to the reception). I personally sat with the reception staff to have the issue sorted out for both the rooms.
The next day at the time of checkout the same issue reappeared again which was very irritating since after informing a day prior it should have been sorted out.

As part of the online feedback system by the hotel I was expecting an online comment card to be send but till date we have not recieved any comment card.( though our email Id's are with the hotel).
It was a good experience but could have been better IF the staff at the reception were more focussed on guest satisfaction(or maybe they thought the complimentary cake would take of everything!).
Overall the hotel is very beautiful - landscaped gardens, layout, view, location etc.
The highlight has been the courteousness of the coffee shop staff and Usha in the housekeeping.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank R K

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

A real goof location and service. But beware you are charged whopping huge amounts and the you don't get what you deserve. Booked a premium Garden view Room and got a small dingy room even smaller than standard room. On discussion with Mr. Sushant Dixit (who was really very dis-courteous) was offered a standard room. Please don't stay in Premier Room no. 1003/4/5. They are not comfortable for even a single person. And pray to God that you don't ask any favor from Mr. Sushant - you will surely be turned down.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Vinkesh

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village,, Goa.

With kind regards,
Ranju Singh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sinquerim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Vivanta by Taj - Panaji
1 mi away
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa

Been to Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!