Me and my wife stayed here from the 28th Sept to 2nd October. Needless to say that we had a memorable time. The hotel sits snugly beside the Sinquerim beach, away from the bustle of Candolim and Baga, yet at an easily accessible distance. The entire property is quiet, lush green, offering you the perfect vacation feeling.
You can avail scooters from shops right across the hotel and go around the city. We came across a shop called "Sanjay Auto Rentals" across the street and the shopkeeper there was a very helpful and easygoing chap, named Nilesh. I'd recommend this shop to anyone staying at the hotel.
We stayed at cottages with garden view... our room had a verandah of sorts with easy chairs laid out. It was very relaxing place to be up in the morning -- listening to the rustle of waves and sounds of birds. The room was big enough for two and the room service/turn-down service was impeccable.
The room rates were inclusive of breakfast. Breakfast, which was offered at the restaurant by the bay, called Caravela was sumptuous. We'd read a lot of negative reviews about it but didn't come across anything undesirable per se. The spread was huge and the staff, though meagre in number, were always there to help you.
On the second day we were offered a complimentary but delicious cake (thank you for that!). We had dinner twice at the hotel -- once at Latitude @Fort Aguada and once at Caravela. We opted for buffet at Latitude and the spread, and quality of food, wasn't that great for the price. The other night we had dinner at Caravela and it was great, albeit priced almost similar as Latitude. It was totally value for money.
The pool was huge but as is the case with pools in general, there were a lot of families and kids frolicking about. So I'd never really recommend it to anyone if you are looking for some time away from all the chaos.
Another thing that came across as atrocious was the additional cost levied on all the miscellaneous things. Internet is god damn pricey -- it ought to be free, for a five star hotel... and then there is additional cost for anything that meets your eye... So better inquire upfront before intending to utilize any "facility"..
In all, it was a nice experience and I'd surely love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa, is different, yet the same in many ways. Still the charming village, that flirts with the beach. Where fun lovers come for repeat doses of delight. There's a nice new buzz however. In the renewed cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Indian Hotels Company Limited, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Holiday Village, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Taj Holiday Village Sinquerim
- Taj Holiday Village Hotel Sinquerim
- Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa Goa, India