The aguada looked very nice on the web. We were in goa for 10 day Xmas holiday, family of 4. We chose this resort over other 5 star resorts because we wanted the space, even thought the prices were comparable. The good news is we got the space we were looking for. Otherwise, here are the outstanding I sues that the hotel needs to deal with, immediately.
1. The pool is small and COLD. Bitterly cold. The Schooner poolside bar is run by the sole bartender. The one day we asked to order food, he said no, you have to walk down to the main building. We went to the main restaurant, told the manager what had happened. He called the bar guy and said, sorry, I don't know why he said that. NICE
2. The hotel is me long strip, so if you don't like walking, ask to be close to the front entrance.
3. Our villa was covered in mold on the outside, not the vivid beautiful villas you see on the web. Inside, the furnishings are well used, there ARE BED BUGS. The cleaning is bare minimum, the floors are dirty, the cockroaches are around.
4. I didn't mind the breakfasts, but I like Indian food And they put out hot and cold food. However they serve it all in a dark room and keep the windows drawn and the TV on. The servers spend more time watching tv than watching customers. Food was ok, but not anything you want to eat more than once.
5. We paid for wifi, for 7 days, even though they knew ithe router by our villa was down. After 3 days of useless assistance and asking for a manager, they gave our money back, but what a nightmare getting it back.
Thankfully the hotel is on the far end of a popular road for restaurants and cafes. We enjoyed the taj aguada and in the end wish we had booked it instead, or any resort which didn't deceptively call their accommodation " luxury" when it is clearly a 2/3 star. We would have left after our 1st day there, but we unfortunately paid in advance ( never again!) and we knew we were never going to get a refund.
Save your holidays money and dreams and stay where the resort represents itself honestly and the prices reflect what you are actually getting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 4 star villa resort in Goa. Ideal for a groups of friends and families traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Aguada Anchorage - The Villa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aguada Anchorage - The Villa Hotel Sinquerim
- Aguada Anchorage - The Villa Resort Goa, India