“Beautiful serene cave hotel in a quite valley.”

Gamirasu Cave Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ayvali
Perth
“Beautiful serene cave hotel in a quite valley.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The service at this hotel was brilliant.We arrived late and tired after the airline (Atlas jet) had lost my wife's luggage.
We were warmly greeted, fed and then shown to our beautiful cave room. They even confirmed the arrangements for our morning balloon flight for us.
The cave room was spacious, comfortable, quiet, clean and decorated with character.
The restaurant food was good, the house red was very drinkable and the restaurant service friendly.
The hotel is located out of Urgup in a quiet valley on the edge of a small village. They do provide a free shuttle service,it only took a phone call and they picked us up in about 15minutes.
We were really treated as welcome guests with the manager (Hamide) even making sure that my wife's luggage was retrieved in a timely fashion
I highly recommend this hotel, it is out of town and quiet but in my view that is a positive.

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank milmalcolm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed in one of the larger rooms with a fireplace and an enormous bathroom. The bedroom contained a very tall four-post bed draped with white gauzy curtains. The bathroom had a shower and jacuzzi tub. All the fluffy Terry cloth towels and toiletries you would want.

The restaurant serves the best food around with out-sized portions, as we learned the first night, reasonably priced. I recommend the Coban (Shepard's)Salad and the mezzes. A breakfast buffet is included.

Wi-fi is fast and free. The outdoor pool is simply lushly gorgeous.

But best of all is the staff. Genuinely friendly and perfectly helpful. When we learned that there is no ATM at the hotel, the reminded us of the free shuttle, and cheerfully drove us back and forth.

No photo can do this hotel justice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank NJ_Mike_2009
West Chiltington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were apprehensive that this might be dark and damp. How wrong we were. The rooms were huge and well laid out with modern bathrooms and all facilities. All the staff were friendly and helpful doing everything possible to make your stay enjoyable. The breakfast had an amazing buffet choice of everything you might desire and more. There was a choice of outdoor or indoor areas to eat in. On arrival having taken 2 flights to get there we were offered breakfast even though it was close to 10.45am. When we left 3 days later at 5.0am we were offered breakfast in our room or a packed meal to take with us. Nothing seemed to much trouble and all delivered with a smile. Well done to all concerned. I would certainly recommend this to friends.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and all have something to offer.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank zenia10
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Gamirasu during our 4 day stay in the Cappadocia area. The hotel, rooms and surrounding area are all so beautiful. The staff is very attentive and the food was wonderful. It was a great place to unwind after a day of touring. While it is out in the middle of nowhere (or so it seems) we had no issues with finding something interesting on the menu each night. Thanks to the staff for making us feel so welcome!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sharon C
Geelong
Reviewed June 11, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated to a beautiful stay. The staff took care of everything we needed from meal to tours etc. the facilities were excellent. The food and facilities also excellent. The guides were knowledgable and very professional. It was a memorable trip and I recommend it to anyone wanting to see and experience the wonderful hospitality of the Turkish people!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Casduff
Solana Beach, California
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in May and LOVED It. The staff, the food, my room, and overall ambiance were spectacular. The staff was always available to answer questions, chat, provide suggestions. The breakfasts were excellent, varied and the food in the restaurant was delicious. The well-being and comfort of their guests is a top priority and was apparent on a daily basis. The first night I was there I wanted to go into Urgup for dinner and they provided transportation. One of the staff rode with us as he lived in Urgup and was being dropped off after I was taken to the restaurant. I hadn't used the ATM in Turkey and was a bit hesitant. He went over the process and offered to provide assistance if I ran into any problems.
Another day I came back from touring and had a cough - it was recommended that I have hot water with honey and lemon and by the time I got to my room, someone was at my door with a lovely warm drink.
I had arranged daily tours through Euphrates Tours. The staff worked closely with them and made sure that I was where I supposed to be when I was supposed to be there.
Also, I learned about 50 Turkish words and phrases before my trip and really wanted to speak Turkish as much as possible - they were very supportive, helped me with my pronunciation and taught me new words which was great fun. I highly recommend the Gamirasu!
Sharon
Solana Beach, CA

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SS3170
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was quite a surprise! We didn't know what to expect from a Cave Hotel, but found that the Cappadocia region is abounding with cave hotels. Hotels built into the mountain caves of former inhabitants of ancient times.The Gamirasu was off the grid as it takes almost an hour from the airport to arrive to the charming little village of Ayvali. The hotel is indeed secluded and private, luxurious in many ways, but not stuffy and pretentious. The manager, Hamide, was attentive from beginning to end. Every room is different and distinctive, according to space and size restrictions of the cave. We had a large sunken jacuzzi, which was a welcome respite from a day of touring and tired feet. There was an integrity to design and function, while the furnishings reflected Turkish decor and authenticity. The peace and beauty of the area was captured by the serenity of the hotel.... no loud noises, except for birds, ducks and frogs.
The inconvenience of location is remedied by the available (free) transport to the town of Urgup at any time.
The landscape of Cappadocia is changing with the increase of tourism and the popularity of cave hotels, but Gamirasu does set itself apart from what seems like a highway littered with more and more cave hotels, indistinguishable from one another. It seems a bit sad for a region with such a rich ancient history.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sukiyuki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayvali
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Perimasali Cave Hotel - Cappadocia
MDC Hotel
MDC Hotel
#6 of 65 in Urgup

Been to Gamirasu Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!