Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
An informative and interesting pit stop

Sandra T
Amazing experience

AdventureAlex
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
via mobile

All reviews daniell cheetah big cats wild cats a great experience endangered species once in a lifetime an adult interesting tour per person well worth the visit last year nice lunch these guys beautiful cats memorable visit many thanks great spot
Reviewed 6 days ago

Went here twice in October 2018. I can honestly say that from all the places we’ve travelled (and it’s a lot!) this was the best holiday experience we’ve ever had. We did the cheetah walk on two separate days. Cheetahs are my favourite big cat and I was a little worried before we went that the project might be exploiting them. In my honest opinion they are not. The cheetah we walked was named Zlintle, was in perfect health, loved to be stroked and was very alert. We only walked where she wanted to go. From how she behaved she appeared to absolutely love her walk. The people at the project are very passionate about their work and deserve praise for all they do. If you get the chance then do it, it helps the project and it’s a once in a lifetime, amazing experience.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

We visited the project at the start of our long drive down to George. We weren't sorry with our decision, the guide was passionate about the project and had an entertaining and interesting delivery style of giving information. A great project to try to protect Cheetah's who are endangered and giving a home to more 'misunderstood' or orphaned animals. A great experience to get up close and personal with a Cheetah.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

This was amazing. The animals were well looked after in their sancteries and the guide was very clued up. She was able to answer every question and we could tell she loves what she does. The only negative was the poor attitude from the lady at the front desk who seemed apprehensive in helping us. Everything else was an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

On the 3rd of September myself and husband decided to visit the cheetah project, mainly because I had heard fantastic things about it and I loved the fact they these guys are doing all they can to get new healthy cheetahs and get them back into the wild.

The tour was educational and fascinating. With the icing on the cake being going in with a 3 year old cheetah (which wasn’t drugged) and petting it, she even licked me. It was truly amazing and a memory that I will treasure forever.

If your ever in the area you have to visit, it’s a fantastic experience

Reviewed September 14, 2018

Great experience touring throughout the facility and seeing all the big cats; also stuck around to do the cheetah walk at the end. Very interesting experience to see the cheetah up close (and see its not much different than my house cat...) Excellent visit and quite inexpensive compared to many of the pricey safari trips in the area.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

This was one of the highlights of my wife and my trip in South Africa. The two guides we had, Maxi and Danielle, were very knowledgable about behaviors of cheetahs. We felt very safe interacting with one of the most beautiful cats in the world. Just so that you know, a guide always has one of the leashes while you hold on to an additional leash. This is for safety reasons. We went on a number of game drives and never saw a cheetah in the wild, so I'm so glad we had this experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

In the middle of nowhere ... visit that little beautiful sanctuary and see and experience what they do to keep cheetahs alive , learn and see about different african cats and hyenas and get very close . The guides always friendly, very good informed and try to make everything interesting and exciting for single guests and groups. They have to stay with regulations in terms of age limitation and if the cheetahs don’t want to get touched we have to respect, we humans are not allowed to force animals even if we pay for. As a Tourguide I have been there many times and all my guests love to get that experience and are happy to contribute to cheetahs conservation ! Thanks to everyone at Daniell! Peter

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough to stop over at the cheetah farm as part of our holiday and experience beautiful wildlife looked after on excellent grounds by knowledgable, friendly staff. We learnt a lot, saw many different Cat breeds and really had a wonderful time.

Many thanks to the staff for the excellent work they do to preserve this species.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

I really enjoyed the morning out with friends at this great eco tourist facility in typical Eastern Cape surroundings. This kind of conservation effort plays such an important role in educating tourists and others about the local fauna and flora, and the knowledge of our guide was really invaluable. The cafe/tourist shop is really worthwhile as well. Do visit when you are in the area.

Reviewed April 13, 2018

This is a great stop - an unexpected bonus on our roadtrip. This place has a café and shop attached to it, where you can find some great African pieces at good prices, and of course take in the main draw - the animals! We were surprised there was so much more to see than 'just' cheetahs - won't spoil the surprise, but more of the cat family and some cheeky little fellas also. We sadly didn't prep in time for the cat walks, but did the hour guided tour which was brilliantly led by our guide, who was clearly passionate about the animals. This place is run by beautiful volunteers inside and out, who live on site and care about their housemates!

The main draw was the chance to visit the cheetah enclosure and have some 1-1 time with an adult female cheetah. It was quite exhilarating and again, considerately led - you only get to meet the cat up close on her terms, if she wants to play ball. You may get a huge purr out of it too! The moment she sneezed at me just as I was saying hello almost caused me to drop a brick though, I can't lie.

Visit this place and support what they are doing, for families or indeed big kids like us. Well done guys it was a pleasure spending time with you.