“Superb welcome”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Kamares
London, United Kingdom
“Superb welcome”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Selected Morpheas rooms as excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. Arrived today for one night stop and wish we could cancel our onward booking. The welcome from Konstantinos & Maria was outstanding, and genuine. Met from the ferry, Welcome coffee, biscuits, water, let us know if you need anything else ...all this for a one night stay ! Lovely room with own terrace,spotlessly clean. A real find, the best we have had in several years of Greek island ferry hopping. Charming people, thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms look good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank john_milnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited Sifnos a couple of days in September 2012 and stayed at the Morfeas. We didn’t book in advance and were happy that they had a room for us! Wouldn’t have found it without Trip advisor and I must say that the good reviews not exaggerating!

Morfeas is situated very close to the sea. Kamares beach is just behind the reeds across the street, it takes only a minute to get to the water.

Garden is very well taken care of with lots of roses, plants and some herbs, you can sense the owners love for their garden. Our room had a patio and we spent late nights there, welcoming other guests home from there night out :) It’s a very familial and relaxed feeling at the Morfeas.

Name Morfeas (a greek god that appears in dreams) is chosen because owners want their guests to have peace and quiet and a relaxing experience, which is exactly what you get!!

We will go again in late May and this time we will make an reservation cause we wouldn´t be happy being at any other accommodation!!

2 Thank missouth
InSifnos_gr, Public Relations Manager at Morfeas Pension, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear missouth,

Many thanks for your good words on Morfeas and for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay, I look forward to welcoming you back in May!!

Paris, France
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Morfeas Pension is very well situated: in Kamares, where is the port for the ferries, but not in the main center street where are all restaurant; just 3-4 minutes from it and you just have to cross the road to be on the beach.
Kostas and is wife are great hosts. Very nice and helpful.
You can be picked up at the port just by sending an email or giving a call.
Rooms are really clean with all you need (fridge, water boiler, plates, cups..., a desk, big double bed...)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Caroline_Margarita
InSifnos_gr, Guest Relations Manager at Morfeas Pension, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Caroline_Margarita,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

Thanks for your good words for the owners of Morfeas, Kostas and Maria. They are indeed a very nice and kindhearted newlywed couple.

I am thrilled that overall you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Morfeas Pension Sifnos in the not to distant future.

Toulouse, France
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We arrived in Kamares out of the blue on Sunday 23rd and headed to Morpheas based on the great reviews we saw online. It was the day after the owner's wedding!!! Despite this fact, he really help us getting in and settle down.
The rooms are clean, well maintained and functional and with a terrace. The location is fantastic : 10 mins walk from the harbour, 5 mins walk from the city center of Kamares.
Thank you so much for this stay.

1 Thank FrancoisB77
InSifnos_gr, Guest Relations Manager at Morfeas Pension, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear FrancoisB77
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

Wish you where here a couple of days before to enjoy the traditional wedding of Kostas and Maria.

Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very friendly owner, who came to pick us up at the port though it is only 2 min away from the hotel. We were welcomed with a bottle of water and greek sweets. We asked for an upper floor room and Kostas gave us his biggest appartement just for us two for a cheap price. With a very huge balcony and a nice view (but a very small bathroom). The room was cleaned everyday. The day of the check out, we were told to keep the keys all day because our boat was coming late at night. When we left, we received a souvenir.

Dear Adeline D,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at the Morpheas in September 2012, first time on the island. The apartment was clean and met all our requirements. Had a lovely terrace with shade if it was needed. The location is a 2 min walk to the beach across the road and 5 min walk from the actual port, although Kostas drove us down in his car to the port. Maria and Kostas are very welcoming and we will definitely be coming back and staying at the Morpheas again. Having air con in those hot summer nights was a bonus.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite on the front, road was busy, but if you want to relax in the sun and be part o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lianne A,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay, please accept my apologies for the noise.

I hope to welcome you back to Morfeas Pension Sifnos in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I researched Kamares hotels quite carefully and have been there before, so I roughly knew the location of Morpheas from my last visit in 2004, but had never stayed in Kamares.
Konstantinos is a warm, trusting and welcoming owner, who actually sent his brother to collect my lost luggage, which was aboard the 7.25am ferry from Athens, without knowing I was also aboard and spotted my pack just before docking. He accepted my explanation and awkward situation even though he'd lost a night's income as a result of Air France's laziness.

These small and courteous customer service details really matter when you travel and Konstantinos was helpful and organised, even when it became apparent that I would only be staying 2 nights instead of the 3 I'd reserved, he never made me feel awkward but accepted the situation was outside my control.
My room was #9 and had a view of the sunrise behind Morpheas and the sunset in front, which was perfect as I was able to see both on the 2 days I stayed in late August. The room was impeccably clean and had everything I needed.
It wasn't important to me that, from Morpheas apartments, there is an obscured view of Kamares bay from the second floor, as the spectacular sunset can be enjoyed sitting on Kamares beach which is easily accessed by a narrow pathway directly in front of Morpheas. I liked the central and quiet location, set back slightly along a road running parallel to the beach. The beach shower was at the end of the walkway, which was convenient. You can hire a lounger for €2.50 or less for the whole day and lunch in the nearby Argiris in Aghia Marina at the far end of the beach from the port, and which has a superb unobstructed view of the glittering bay at lunchtime and is (apparently) pretty busy in the evening.
If you want to say in Kamares, I'd recommend you consider Morpheas apartments. I'm sure I will return again one day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank olivejunkie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamares
Delfini Hotel Sifnos
#1 of 8 in Platis Yialos
Petali Village Hotel
Petali Village Hotel
#2 of 7 in Apollonia

Been to Morfeas Pension? Share your experiences!