“Simply the best”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Kamares
Biarritz, France
“Simply the best”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Sifnos is my favourite Greek island and I would not dream of staying anywhere else than Morfeas - Kostas and Maria welcome us like friends, and their lovely cleaning lady Eleni keeps the rooms impeccable. Each room and apartment has a charm of its own.
Morfeas Pension is about 50 m from the beautiful beach of Kamares (one of the best in the Cyclades) and an easy walk from the tavernas and shops.
I went with my two teenage children, who love the place, but I know I could return on my own and have a perfect, completely stress-free holiday.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Noandirijo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
ireland
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here in may :-) ,it is a really clean well organised place to enjoy the island from, kosta the owner is really professional and helpful, rooms are very good and price is great. I reccomend this place to anyone wishing to spend some time on sifnos.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

It's the forth time that we visit the fantastic sifnos and all the times we stay in Morpheas. Our stay and the contact with Kostas the father and the mother of him every year make us to feel like home. Eleni the girl that clean the rooms is fantastic and keep our room very very clean and in order special my daughter room :)

• Stayed July 2012
UK
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have stayed at the Morfeas as a family and with a group of friends in 2006, 2008 and 2010. Kostas and his family have become friends. Would not think of staying anywhere else in Sifnos. The rooms are air conditioned, very clean and well serviced. The Morfeas is nicely located just on the edge of Kamares, just opposite a quiet sandy path which leads to the beach.
The personal touch with humour is always present. I left some clothes in the wardrobe. I was just about to board the Speedrunner when Kostas turned up on his motorbike with them at the quayside. He said the didn't fit him so he brought them :))). That's what I call service ! Hope to get back there as soon as possible !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Muenster, Germany
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This year I spent the second time at Morpheas and of course next year too. The family around Kostas is so nice and helpful. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The way to the beautiful sandy beach (70m) and the port/tavernas (500m) is nearby. In Kamares you can find everything: there is a bakery, foodstores, giftshops and restaurants. Most of the restaurants / tavernas are family business. From the port you can get the bus, you can rent a car or scooter to see the other beautiful places of sifnos. The only handicap is, that the time at morpheas runs to quickly and you must wait a long time for the next holiday.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Britta H
San Francisco
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent 1 very comfortable month at Morfeas Pension. The owners of the property are so nice and accommodating. Upon arrival Maria came by with a tray of almond cookies (a local treat that must be tried) and a glass of juice. Kostas checked with me frequently to ask if I was comfortable, even making sure the children in the room next to mine weren't being too loud (I didn't notice the noise at all). I was able to use the laundry facilities. In fact, the housekeeper just let me drop off a bag of clothes and the next day I would find a stack of clean, folded clothes on my bed. Everyone was so nice!

I stayed in the apartment that had a separate kitchen with a full-size fridge, stove-top, coffee-maker and kitchen supplies. The apartment could easily sleep 5 people - double bed, single bed, and double futon, but there is only 1 bathroom. The balcony looks out onto the front garden with beautiful roses and other flowers in bloom. The room was clean and comfortable with air conditioning and a little TV. Wifi is also included. The beach is right across the street. You can't see the water from the hotel because of the reeds, but there is a path through the reeds and in seconds you are on the beach.
I liked Morfeas because you are right in between the groups of restaurants that are found on either end of Kamares. In one direction you have Agiris restaurant and Cafe Folie. In the other direction you have Da Claudio's restaurant, the Old Captains Bar and other restaurants and stores.
The only thing that you may have to be aware of (and I think this goes for everywhere in Greece) is that the toilet pipes are really narrow and most places ask you not to flush your toilet paper. Also, most showers are handheld and don't have a separate tub to stand in - just a drain in the middle of the bathroom. I didn't find it difficult to adjust to these things.
Back to Morfeas...it's a great place and I want to return to Sifnos and stay at Morfeas soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Xxaxx X
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Spent 3 days at Pension Morpheas and would definitely return if we visit Sifnos again. The owners are extremely helpful, picked and dropped us off at the port even though it is only a short walk. On
arrival we were welcomed with fruit juice and snacks and received a small gift on our departure. We had problems getting to Sifnos due to ferry problems but the owners were very understanding and kept in touch with us to pick us up at port. I would recommend Pension Morpheas to anyone visiting Sifnos, it is clean, close to the beach and you are made to feel at home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank SDavies0406
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamares
Delfini Hotel Sifnos
#2 of 8 in Platis Yialos
Petali Village Hotel
Petali Village Hotel
#2 of 7 in Apollonia

Been to Morfeas Pension? Share your experiences!