Camping Makis
$64
Morfeas Pension(Kamares)(Great Value!)
$41
$51
Simeon Rooms & Apartments(Kamares)(Great Value!)
$46
Orbitz.com
Hostelworld.com
Kiki Hotel(Kamares)
Priceline
All reviewsthe ownerwould stay here againbeautiful islandminute walkcampsitefacilitiesshadowtaximattressesgreekportsifnosaccommodation
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed the whole August at Makis camping. That was my first experience in the camping lifestyle. Makis camping is located about 600 meters from Sifnos port so you dont have to take a taxi or a bus, you can go there on foot. The camping is really close to the beach, actually there is the camping a road and the beach. It is very clean and quiet place. Makis rules is to respect sleeping hours (15.00-17.00 and 00.00-9.00), the place and each other. Pets are also allowed. It has 8 turkish style toilets and 8 showers. He is very insistent to cleanliness. There is a lot of space and shadow where you can put your tent. It has two refrigerators where you can put your own stuff. There is also a mini market where you can find the basics at logical price. Makis is very friendly and he will help you to whatever is been asked. As it is located at the port there are a lot of hotels, cafe, taverns, pottery stores. If you want to spent your holidays in a cheap quiet and relaxing way you should definitely choose this place. Honestly I had a great time there and Im planning to visit it next year.

Room Tip: Apart from the camping Makis also rents rooms but you have to book early.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Giorgos G
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We have stayed at makis many times, its clean, quiet and a great location,with great views. Best campsite on the islands. We have also stayed in the rooms which are great for the price. Maki is friendly, helpful & is a great laugh. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank TravellingSidjulsey
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We rent to tents at makis camping, end of august, the price was 25 euros per night per two persons, which is a real bargain if you consider that it was august and that the camping is directly on the beach. The place was really clean, always they where ladies cleaning. The atmosphere was like a hostel, meeting people at the kitchen or in the small bar. The only disadvantage was that the camping is not very big so the tents are really close. All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank natassa_10
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed already several times at Sifnos and at Camping Makis...This is a must to stay! And these year, june/july 2011, near camping, you can also stay in new rooms. These rooms are great and are the place to be to relax, to explore Sifnos!
Makis is a great person, always warm welcome, never a problem to stay, even when you arrive in the middle of the night with the ferry or the're strikes for many days... We're Makis very thankfull to help us during the days of strikes and no ferries!
We love Makis, his team and the great camping, the perfect place for relax and a great holliday! O yes, we'll come back!

Room Tip: Prefer the rooms at backside or the 3 new rooms/buildings. These are very quiet and the best way to relax at your holliday!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MatthewK76
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am in Sifnos and I work here for the season. My problem was I could not find any accomodation that would accept my dog... So the camping site was the only solution. I do love camping, but I was a bit stressed because work is long hours and camping is difficult... that's what I thought! Makis is really friendly with my dog (my dog does not bark, does not dig holes, does not pee next to other peoples' tents and is really friendly with kids), he will go out of his way to find solutions to your problems. The camping site is really quiet at all times (my sleeping hours are really precious). Everything here is sparkling clean, showers, toilets and the kitchen! Plus, the beach is only one minute away and waters are shallow (well, not my personal favorite, but it's great for kids and people who don't like deep waters). I am very happy here and I do recomend it for people who like camping!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business