“Great Pizza!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Claudio's is a pleasant restaurant with very good service. My husband and I really enjoyed the Greek salad; there were generous portions and everything in the salad was very fresh (cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, capers, feta cheese). We recommend the pizza; we found the pesto pizza (#11) to be very tasty. Other dishes we tried however on subsequent visits tasted quite bland. Stick with the pizza and salad and you should be full and happy.

1  Thank mmmdali

Reviewed July 19, 2013

what more an you want. The people that own this restaurant are so nice and very italian in deed. we enjoyed eating at this restaurant very much in deed.

1  Thank Julie P
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Would love to meet this real Italian cook (as they do advertise...;-))

At least my pizza was below the average, service was fine, no complaints.

Greek cuisine does it better on a island!

1  Thank File101
Reviewed June 18, 2013

First of all, why on earth would anyone travel to Greece to go to an Italian restaurant? It made no sense to me when my wife picked this establishment based on the tripadvisor reviews. And let me tell you now, it makes no sense whatsoever, certainly not for this restaurant. And to all the rave reviewers on tripadvisor: Get a clue, get real. Please.

The food is very average. My pasta was clearly readymade from the supermarket, the kind of pasta I bought and cooked as a student. Is it that difficult to make pasta if you are an 'authentic' Italian? Not so authentic after all I suppose. The sauce lacked finesse, the ingredients also most likely picked at the local supermarket. I can cook all of this myself. The tomato sauce was thin and a bit bland (where was the spice in the 'spicy' salami?). The creamy sauce heavy with cream and felt fatty. This is not what I xpect Italien cuisine to be about. The pizza was regular pizza, not bad, not good either. Decent, but again, recalling my life as a student, I have had better pizzas, even from delivery places. The appetizers also made without any passion, bland in taste.

The setting is by a square where your kids can run around and play. No view of the beach. A bit crammed outside as everyone wants to sit on the terrace. The service was friendly, but the food took a while to be delivered. Easy nearby parking.

So again, why go to an Italian place on a Greek island? My answer is don't. You would not pick this place if it existed in your hometown.

1  Thank Pumkin2000
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The title is not a criticism of Greek cuisine, but two weeks in Greece is enough to make even a mediocre Italian restaurant seem enticing, yet "Da Claudio" was much better. The pizzas were very well cooked, they do a wonderful "spritz" (Aperol + white wine + carbonation), and the staff were lovely. Special praise for the hostess from Trieste, and for the young cook who politely came by the table to ask us if we were ready for him to start preparing our main courses after the starters, rather than rushing us through the meal by bringing one course right after the other.

1  Thank ValueValueValue