“Unique as Absinthe is”

Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Kamares
Cuisines: Greek, Middle Eastern
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Romantic environment with a great view and protected from undesirable weather.
Athens, Greece
“Unique as Absinthe is”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

It is a combo of Greek, Eastern and chef's brilliant mind that produces unique tastes that are truly unforgettable.
Love it every time as food remains every time the best you can eat.
Great view of the harbor of Kamares without the noise. Worth trying: the curry chicken, the eastern rice, the shrimps, the feta saganaki and many more ... As I got hungry remembering them all.
Prices are ok for the level of the restaurant. Service impeccable.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank avazacopoulos

• Greek first
Levenmouth, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant in the Greek Islands?”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

After a couple of weeks island hopping I was getting a bit tired of the same old Greek taverna menus offering the same old dishes. Absinthe really hit the spot when I wanted something a little different. Top quality cooking; friendly and efficient service; and a relaxing and comfortable ambience. The hot and spicy goat with basmati rice was phenomenal and their fava was the best I have eaten in Greece. Plus a drinks menu offering around 20 different types of absinthe. Don't miss the absinthe preparation ritual.

I went two nights in a row and was not disappointed at any time. As good a restaurant as any where I have eaten in 35 years of travelling around Greece.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank GibbysGhost
Warsaw, Poland
“Every client is important”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was waiting for a ferry boat to Piraeus and I chose this restaurant to have the last and the best meal during my trip. And I was not dissapointed! I had a shark fillet with grilled vegetables and it tasted absolutely fantastic! Waiter was extremely kind and I really reccomend this fabulous restaurant to everybody! And this view to the bay... Fantastic!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Piotr100
Perth, Australia
“Absinthe, best restaurant in Sifnos”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stumbled across this restaurant when my ferry was running late. What a find! Fabulous food, superb view and excellent service. You must go there if in Sifnos!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Marie M
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Sunset and service exceptional.”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Writing this review very late as visited last year but felt the need to write a review. Setting lovely at sunset. Perfect. Service I remember was excellent and I had the goat curry with rice and a bowl of chips on the side. One I have never had goat and two this was the best curry I've ever had I reckon? It came with slices of soft juicy mango in the side. We have booked to return to sifnos this September so I will be there at sunset again and hope the goat curry is on the menu!

2 Thank DawnRob_9Haven
George P, Διευθυντής at Absinthe, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear DawnRob 1,

Thank You for Your kind words of Absinthe and for the attention and the positive note Your review will endow upon this beautiful island and on all the other great dining establishments here.

We look forward to serving You both again soon and although some new dishes have been added and some subtracted from this year's menu, the goat curry is one of our signature dishes and in constant demand so..it stays put!