“Unique and delicious”

Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Kamares
Cuisines: Greek, Middle Eastern
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Romantic environment with a great view and protected from undesirable weather.
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Delicious food, not typical Greek, but you can order gyros if you want. They ask a good price for good food. Nice ambiance with a view at the bay of Kamares.

1  Thank Lotte B
There are newer reviews for Absinthe

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I spent 2 weeks on 3 Greek islands and this restaurant was the best of the lot. It is really good Greek cooking with a bit more style and flair than usual. Also the wine is well chosen and of good quality. A bit more expensive than the competition but if you are on Sifnos well worth a visit.

1  Thank kwmsStaffordshire
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent one month in Sifnos and while I love Greek food, I was happy to have found Absinthe, which has a little variety on the menu. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely traditional food choices - I had some great meatballs that were grandma's recipe and fantastic eggplant salad and a to-die-for fried filo-wrapped feta cheese drizzled with honey. But there were also some flavors that I couldn't find anywhere else on the island like chicken curry, spicy goat, and a spicy pork or beef with rice. Needless to say, I ate at Absinthe several times and was never disappointed. The portions were rather large for me, especially since I was there alone. But I was able to take home any leftovers and for certain dishes I was able to get half-portions so I could try more things on the menu! Both of the George's that work/own the restaurant made me feel like family when I was eating there and when I saw them outside the restaurant.
I was even introduced to a great bourbon that I hadn't tried before. They have a great variety of alcohol as they used to be a bar and - yes - there is even absinthe!

2  Thank Xxaxx X
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A very nice place, with good service and great view. The food is very good, something different among the local taverns. Definitely would recommend it !!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Contemporary decor & great elevated views over the bay. Very interesting menu & excellent standard of cuisine. We visited twice two years ago & twice this time round - we couldn't fault the food or the service. Our best meal on the island.

1  Thank Mel882