Manoir du Captot
$109
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Budget Rouen Petit Quevilly(Le Petit Quevilly)(Great Value!)
$53
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsmanor housepink roommichellerouenseine
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed three nights and Michelle was a perfect host. Our huge bedroom was gracious and comfortable in a very French way, with a roll-top bath in the en-suite, and our breakfasts were delicious, with home-made conserves (including an amazing confiture des poires) and fresh items from the patisserie that Michelle tweaked as the stay went on according to my chocolate fetish. Michelle provided us with maps and local information, as well as pointing us to things we may like to do, and worked around our chosen arrival and departure times to make life easy. My basic French got a good outing, and Michelle was gracious enough not to point out the schoolboy errors. We would definitely return if we are ever in the area. Thank you, Michelle.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScotlandJML
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed tooooo many days at this place...it has seen better days...bathroom was totally outdated and smelled because of many years of use. I don't know why Michelle bothers to rent rooms because she doesn't seem very interested in what she is doing...the breakfast was ok but nothing special...she doesn't offer any ideas of what to do in the area...the windowsill that had all the brochures for places in the area was so dirty and covered dead flies that it was disgusting...we should have left after the 2nd day...like most of the other guest did. Would not recommend this place for any reason.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
MikeNormandie, Propriétaire at Manoir du Captot, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

I am sorry that you have not fully enjoyed your stay at le Manoir de Captot.Let me correct a few details ,first of all, guests are usually staying more than 2 nights and some come back every year!
Secondly,I thought I would please you and help you when washing and ironing your laundry within an hour ,instead of going to a launderette and I do not remember you have offered to pay for this service.
I am always happy to share my knowledge with my guests but do not interfere when they have thoroughly prepared their stay in our area.As you have not asked for any help in this matter, I thought you did not need any.
Apparently I misunderstood you.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We discovered Manor De Captot in May 2011 and returned again especially this month. We are from Australia and whilst we toured Normandy and Brittany last year and our destination this year has been the Loire Valley and the Lot, we decided we wanted to drive directly to Rouen to revisit the Manor and Michelle the owner. Not disappointed, it brought back happy memories. When you drive down the driveway all your dreams come true about a beautiful Manor house set in the most ideal setting. The rooms are stunning and Michelle is the most wonderful host and absolutely charming person. A beautiful breakfast is provided in an elegant manner set in a charming room. There are many places to visit within a easy driving distance from Rouen, i.e. Bayeux, Etretat, Giverny. Next year if we are lucky enought return to France we will be heading back for a third visit! Chris and Quint Harvison Newcastle NSW

Room Tip: We have chosen the "Pink Room" each time its beautiful
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Christine H
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at Manoir Captot for two nights while visiting Rouen and the surrounding area. As we had a car getting to and from the manoir was quite easy. We drove directly to it using the directions provided on Via Michelin. Our room was spacious, nicely decorated and spotless. Breakfast was served in a lovely morning room with a large selection of pasteries, bread, homemade jams, cheese, meat, juice and great coffee.

One day we arrived back at the B&B a little early and Michele offered us tea which was served in a very charming study. Michele will do whatever she can to make you stay as comfortable as possible. She made reservations for us at a local resturant and insisted we take her map with us when going into Rouen. The grounds of the manior are extensive and you feel removed from the modern world, but in a good way.

I would stay at the Manoir again and I would not hesitate to reccommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MilesToGo
Reviewed October 27, 2012

When you first see the manor,you're convinced that you have somehow been transported to the 18th century and that a footman will soon appear to take you bags.
However,Michelle is much better than a liveried footman. She is the charming,capable,owner who will do her best to make your stay a memorable one. Our room was spacious and comfortable and our only complaint was that there were too many tempting croissants and brioche at breakfast to allow us to stick to our diet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple