“So much more than what I expected! - Wonderful Zoo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ZooParc de Beauval

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Preston, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“So much more than what I expected! - Wonderful Zoo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I persuaded my family and friends to visit this zoo whilst staying nearby because I have a fascination with Pandas!! I have to say I was so surprised at how special this zoo is, it's exceptionally clean and the animals have loads of room in their enclosures and all are clearly very well looked after. There are plenty of places to eat and the prices are very reasonable. You can easily spend a whole day here, our kids loved it and age from 11 - 15. The huge variety of animals is wonderful, a truly great day out. I've been to both Edinburgh and San Diego Zoos who are both rated in the top 10 zoos in the world. Zoo De Beauval is easily as good, if not better!! Oh and the parking is free too which is very unusual!!

• Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Amazing Zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We visited the zoo in august. (unfortunately for us it was a very very hot day!!)

It was easy to get to and the directions were clear.

What an amazing day we had. The enclosures are outstanding and the animals were clear to see. The range of animals was good and the zoo was very well laid out. we specifically loved the pandas, penguins and giraffes.

We have been to a number of zoo's in the uk - however this zoo is by far the best we have been to.

We took a picnic with us (a good idea as food can be pricey) - however as it was very hot we bought lots and lots of water and ice lollies!!!. The facilities were great - lots of toilets, areas to rest and food outlets.

If you have children or love animals this is a must if you are close by. It really is worth the money to get in and you wont be disappointed. BY far the best Zoo we have been to - definitely and amazing experience to be had by all.

Northumberland
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Excellent zoo although crowded and tiring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

This is an excellent attraction if very expensive (over 100 Euros for a family of 5). It's a huge zoo with a wide variety of animals of which the Pandas are currently the main attraction and theres something for everyone. It's very spread out but paths can be narrow and on a hot crowded day it can be a bit claustrophobic, also, as to be expected in these types of attraction the food is pricy and eating places very busy. If you cannot speak French it will be difficult to make yourself understood at eating places and also understanding the various presentations will be impossible but the signs about the animals are usually multilingual. It is definitely a full day out and involves a lot of walking but it was the best thing we did on holiday.

1 Thank luvlyluvvie
Netanya, Israel
“Best zoo I've ever visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Over the years, I've visited many zoos all over the world including: the US, Canada, UK, Israel, Netherland, Norway and Denmark so I do have a good perspective when stating that this was the most exciting zoo I've ever been to.
This wonderful zoo is really very special and exciting. In addition to hundreds of common animals, they have rare species such as white lions, black panthers, a white kangaroo, okapis, and as of 2012 two gorgeous giant panda bears. There are also shows of trained birds of prey (I've never seen such before) and seals which are quite common at sea-world sites but still very amusing. So I highly recommend that you spend a day at the ZooParc de Beauval which is only two hours away from Paris especially if you travel with children.

Woking, Surrey
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Fantastic zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The zooparc of Beauval is truely worth seeking out and spending a day or so at, especially if you have kids!

The park itself is vast but the animals are very well looked after and you find very few cages - most have open spaces to live in. Beauval is now unique in France in having a pair of Giant Pandas but, despite that fact, even visiting on a Saturday, there were few crowds and you could get a great view of all of the animals.

They do great conservancy work, too, and deserve the support!