All reviews the cottages sugar mill the main house yoga retreat open air st lucia dogs and cats nature lovers beautiful surroundings outdoor shower private beach fresh fruit the barn heritage site all inclusive resort many years fell in love
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Ute and Verena run the estate with passion and have created a beautiful, peaceful, friendly environment. We especially enjoyed wandering through the ruins of the old sugar mill. I can thoroughly recommend booking the breakfasts and evening meals on the veranda of the old house. Every moment at Balenbouche was a photo opportunity!

Reviewed February 4, 2019

We spent 5 nights at Balenbouche Estate. When we arrived we felt cosy und welcome, like home. The Hospitality from Verena and Ute were so kind and warm, just fantastic. The Environment like the Beaches, the Lily Pond and the Sugar Mill just gorgeous.
We rested at the beautiful Almond Cottage, there was an outdoor shower a kitchen and a big living room like a Veranda. The interior decoration is unique and with a lot of Passion established.
If someone loves the nature and some calming days out of the stressful daily life is Balenbouche Estate perfect!

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed January 30, 2019 via mobile

What an interesting and lovely place....what once used to be a sugar cane plantation. There are several buildings on this property and you can rent one of them.. Uta and her daughters are running the Balenbouche Estate....there is lots of history here. It was fun taking a shower where part of the “shower” was part of the outdoors. Breakfast was provided in our plan. Dinner is not served every night and when it is, it cost $30 per person. We had a fun experience of riding the bus with the locals.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mzb37
Balenbouche, Owner at Balenbouche Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2019

Thank you for your review. Here's some more information on meals: Breakfast is US$ 12 (unless included in room rate) and dinner is typically offered 3-4 times a week, based on demand. Dinner prices range from US$ 20 for a simple or vegetarian meal, to US$ 30 or $35 for a buffet or multi-course meal. Everything is prepared fresh using quality and largely local ingredients. There are small restaurants and street food within a 5 minute walk and also 5 minute drive, for US$ 10 - $20. Some cottages also have kitchens, and the supermarket is a 15 minute drive away (30-40 minutes by bus factoring in waiting times).

Reviewed January 14, 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 3 days in this so lovely place! We ended up there « by chance » thanks to a previous host who recommended it! Such a good recommandation! Close to the charming town of Laborie, we had a very nice and peaceful stay. We slept in a small cottage so cute giving the impression you are back to another time...
The estate is lovely, full of history and close to a beautiful and cosy beach.
But this Estate is nothing without its owners, admirable and sweet women working hard to keep it authentic, romantic and welcoming.
Que ce lieu chargé d’Histoire continue d’accompagner de belles histoires...

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2019

This review is long overdue! Balenbouche Estate is one of the most beautiful experience I've had in St. Lucia and I've been going to St. Lucia for many years. I was there in December 2018 for a Yoga Retreat for 4 days. The estate is 60 acre of eco-nature heritage site located on the South-west coast of St. Lucia near two secluded beaches and an old mill on the site. It used to be a former sugar plantation. There are 5 unique cottages and a main house on the property. All decorated beautifully. Some cottages can have 3 bedrooms so it is family friendly. But what makes this place special are hosts Uta and Verena. They are the most lovely people I've ever met. They are exce[tional hosts and the food...oh the food. While I was there we had mostly vegetarian dishes all organic and delicious. Fresh juices and smoothies. The cuisine is a blend of St Lucian/Creole, Asian and International cuisine. They specialize in fresh, local and organic ingredients, some of which are grown on the estate. Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, etc. The Estate is quiet and a serene retreat. They have onsite yoga studio (an old barn) that is just very lovely to take early morning classes. Whether you want to detox from your crazy city life or just spend some quality time with friends and family doing nothing but eating well, sleeping, and hiking through the Estate it is worth it. A special place for sure. I felt renewed when I left. A special thank you to Uta and Verena for their hospitality. I'm envious you live in Paradise for sure. I will be back soon.

Room tip: The Waterlily Cottage was my favorite.
Date of stay: December 2018