If you like all-inclusive, swanky resorts this is NOT the place for you. If you like peace and quiet, beautiful surroundings, and some delicious home-prepared food then Ballenbouche is perfect. Hosts Uta and Verena offer something really special and our week in St Lucia was so much the richer for staying here. Our little cottage was simple but beautiful, the lush gardens a joy to explore and all their suggestions of places to visit were spot on. The company of one of the cats and several of their dogs made it feel like a home from home. Whenever we mentioned we were staying at Balenbouche local people were full of praise for the Lawaetz women and we would echo that: their efforts to preserve the estate and open it for others to enjoy are much appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balenbouche Estate is a Historic Plantation Guesthouse offering several tropical vacation cottages. The 80 acre property includes an expansive park with colonial plantation house, 18th century sugar mill, yoga barn, fruit orchards, lily ponds, nature trails and two secluded beaches just a 5 minute walk away. Balenbouche is not a resort and remains a working organic farm, heritage site, and family residence with a focus on wellness, sustainability and conservation. Our eco-chic accommodations are created from historic structures and sleep between 2 and 6 people, some include kitchens. We prepare breakfast daily, and dinner 2 - 3 times a week by reservation. There is a restaurant within walking distance. Several other St Lucia restaurants as well as a supermarket are a short drive away. We are located 20 minutes from the International airport and 30 minutes from the town of Soufriere, near many of the islands best attractions. Balenbouche is a magical place, a world in itself, popular with artists, photographers, green travelers, wedding couples, honeymooners and families. Our family has owned and managed the estate for three generations. Gradually, the property was transformed into a well known St Lucia attraction, guesthouse and retreat venue. Many of our guests feel very much at home at Balenbouche Estate, and keep returning! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Balenbouche Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balenbouche Estate Hotel Laborie
- Balenbouche Estate St. Lucia/Laborie