We stayed at Balenbouche for a week long Yoga experience. The hospitality is as good as it gets... anywhere !
We were cared for in every way.
The food was fascinating and the variety made every meal a perfect delight. Interesting teas and juices, smoothies and cocktails were prepared fresh at all meals.
Varena kept us on the go and was always there to ensure our adventures and excursions were inspiring, yet safe.
When we needed down time, the property was inviting and rejuvenating. Natural surroundings with soothing sights and sounds, are all around. Creatures of all types share this place... dogs, cats, tortoises, lizards, frogs, cattle, horses, birds and insects of many kinds, and more ! The landscape is just as varied, with flowers, fruits, and herbs of all kinds. And the SEA, the glorious sea.
Thank you ladies, for offering such wonderful and welcoming surroundings for our tropical escape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balenbouche Estate is a Historic Plantation Guesthouse offering several tropical vacation cottages. The 80 acre property includes an expansive park with colonial plantation house, 18th century sugar mill, yoga barn, fruit orchards, lily ponds, nature trails and two secluded beaches just a 5 minute walk away. Balenbouche is not a resort and remains a working organic farm, heritage site, and family residence with a focus on wellness, sustainability and conservation. Our eco-chic accommodations are created from historic structures and sleep between 2 and 6 people, some include kitchens. We prepare breakfast daily, and dinner 2 - 3 times a week by reservation. There is a restaurant within walking distance. Several other St Lucia restaurants as well as a supermarket are a short drive away. We are located 20 minutes from the International airport and 30 minutes from the town of Soufriere, near many of the islands best attractions. Balenbouche is a magical place, a world in itself, popular with artists, photographers, green travelers, wedding couples, honeymooners and families. Our family has owned and managed the estate for three generations. Gradually, the property was transformed into a well known St Lucia attraction, guesthouse and retreat venue. Many of our guests feel very much at home at Balenbouche Estate, and keep returning! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Balenbouche Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balenbouche Estate Hotel Laborie
- Balenbouche Estate St. Lucia/Laborie