Villa Farmhouse
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
Causeway Hotel(Bushmills)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely houselovely breakfastb bwarm welcomemaggiesheepviewseahostcoastlinefieldhome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed one night at Maggie's B&B the Villa Farmhouse in Cushendun having driven through the beautiful Glens of Antrim and on our way to the Antrim coast. The house is in a lovely position high up overlooking the bay and village of Cushendun. The house is well appointed, very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Maggie cooked us a delicious cooked breakfast in the morning before we left. I would recommend the Villa Farmhouse if you are touring Northern Ireland.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Nicky W
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I had friends visiting from the United States, Australia and Colombia. They wanted to see the North Antrim Coast so we made our way to Cushendun. We stayed with Margaret in a self catering cottage next to the main house. The house was equipped with everything that you would ever need. There was an enclosed garden at the front and the back (great for our dog) and the views were breathtaking. Margaret gave us a wonderful welcome and we were delighted with the cottage. The location is perfect and we could have happily stayed for weeks and weeks! I would highly recommend the Villa Farmhouse.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank LynseyCurran
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We were very pleased with our stay at Maggie's house two weeks ago. Cushendun is a tiny village on the Antrim coast that, after driving the entire Ireland coastline, we thought was the most beautiful. The view from our bedroom was stunning, and an evening walk along the beach drained all the tension and stress from us. It was the perfect place for the first day of a 8 day holiday. Maggie was friendly and attentive and we felt "right at home".

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank wendymacp
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We traveled from Dublin to Cushendun which took us longer than expected. However, we did stop in Belfast to grab a quick bite and check out some of the amazing murals around the city. I think it would have taken about 3 hours without the stops. Maggie was very accommodating and scheduled the dinner we had prepaid her for, for when we arrived. The dinner was more than enough food, hot, and delicious! Maggie is a great cook. We did have time to take a walk down the road to take pictures of the view. Cushendun is a very quaint, picturesque town and I wish we could have spent more time there. The breakfast was again, hot and delicious!
This was just a stop on the way to the Giants Causeway where we went the next morning. About an hour away for us (non- left side drivers with a big red van way too big for the roads). This bed and breakfast was lovely - well worth it for the view, the homey atmosphere and food. Did I say Maggie was a great cook? : )
Cons - Internet in the common room only (very typical in Ireland we found). Rooms are small.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front to enjoy the view
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank seela
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I was travelling through Northern Ireland with my two parents, sometimes getting one room for us all, sometimes two. We were booked at the Farmhouse in Cushendun for two nights. I had come down with a minor cold that I wanted to make sure was not going to infect my parents. Thankfully, Maggie talked us into upgrading to two rooms at the front of the house so if I had to make tea (or in my case, Lemsip) at 3am, I wouldn't wake anyone. AND WHAT A VIEW! Beyond the parked cars, beyond the sheep, beyond the beautiful bay was Cushendun--very small but very charming! Had a fantastic time and Maggie is an excellent cook and guide! Helpful at every step, I cannot recommend the Villa Farmhouse highly enough. Just a hint: if you don't get a quick email response from her, just email her again. I know she was taking computer classes at the time of our stay, and maybe her machine was having trouble or something. Maggie is a wonderful host!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family