“Good Hotel”
Review of Hotel Rajeet

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Digha
Hotel Rajeet
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Digha
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I am involved in Tourism industry and have been to Digha a lot of times but never stayed at Rajeet Hotel. Last June, me and my newly married wife alongwith one of my university friend and his newly married wife planned for a weekend getaway. Rail ticket was easily available and made hotel room booking over phone by transferring required money to the Rajeet hotel's Bank account instantly. As the hotel location was not very clear to me, I made a phone call from train to the Hotel Official Mr. Tapas to send a car at Digha Station to pick us. The car was at station accordingly though Rs. 200 they charged for less than 3 minutes drive. As AC Deluxe room was not available, we had to stay in Non AC rooms for the first night. The experience was not too good as water was dropping on our face from the ceiling. The official informed us, due to high guest pressure, they couldn't turn their ACs' off for last 2 months as a result NON AC room condition is like this. We accepted their explanation.The hotel staffs behave was very good. They were very much cordial and we liked their warm hospitality. No doubt some minor problems will be there if the hotel is so packed. Next morning we got the AC rooms and shifted there. The rooms were good enough with a small balcony. We were very much comfortable and room service and house keeping department was good enough. The in-house restaurant of the hotel is small but well equipped and very much prompt in service. Taste was good and restaurant staffs were very much helpful. We both the couples appreciated their effort to make guests satisfied. We still gossip and laugh among friends on their COMPLEMENTARY PAPAD supply during our last lunch at hotel. But...in our next Digha visits, we will stay at Rajeet Hotel definitely as their service was very good and the hotel is located very close to the beach...though no sea views from room. In my travel agency, I have started suggesting my customers to stay at Rajeet Hotel in Digha and 3 of my guests have already visited the hotel though the hotel is not associated with us. Good luck to Hotel Rajeet and hope it will improve service quality in near future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We the members of Mudiali Club recently had a tour to Digha and we stayed at Hotel Rajeet. It was an excellent Hotel with all faclities and amenities. The service was excellent. The food was also excellent with varities of menu in veg, as well as non veg. Thanks to all the staff and members of Hotel Rajeet.

Room Tip: Excellent Rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
HOTELRAJEET, General Manager at Hotel Rajeet, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hello, Mr Manoj

We value your business with us, we are really thankful for your feedback about us through Trip Advisor.

Looking forward to welcoming you again with us.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The first thing you will see once you get down in Digha Stn , is only the banner of Hotel Rajeet, as if no other hotel exists in Digha. No problem with the banners, but that automatically increase your expectation. First hit, if you have booked a cab for a station pickup with the hotel you will find you might have to share it..why to share if I am paying Rs250 one way for a mere 2 mins drive ??. The Linens , pretty shabby, you might have to ask on the first day to change it ...looks not just shabby but filthy.Ensure the towels are fresh also. Food is average . Sometime its good some time below average, in short quality is not consistent. Would urge not to go for package trip, you will regret as you have to be dependent on their food. Good thing about the hotel, staffs are cordial and decent .They take credit cards. I got a room with daikan A/c which was pretty cool. The hotel has the potential to be very good hotel but it needs to take care of basic things like linens, cleanliness, and improve the quality of food. Not a bad hotel to stay , but definitley its bit over hyped with too much of advertising at the moment.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Anirban G
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel is in new digha. New digha is batter than old digha and about 2 km far. hotel is near is sea only 3-4 min walk. rooms are good, food is good and cheaper if you are with 2-3 person. they provide 15 to 25% discount in off season. every rooms having balcony which feel good. security & cleanness of hotel is very good. staffs are helpful.
I visited hotel on 4th of June 2014 with my family & friends. I calibrated my marriage anniversary & Birthday in Hotel. Hotel people arranged cake in 1 hr, which makes me feel happy.
In my view Hotel is good.

Room Tip: hotel provides only room discount or complimentary breakfast. go for discount in rent . In all digh...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2014

If you come Digha by train , the first thing that should strike you that the entire station has been invaded by the advertisement of Hotel Rajeet. Never seen such stuff to any other places with any other hotel within and outside India. Well ..... I dont have any problem of such fantastic approach but this is also true that there will be an automatic increase of expectation even before you put a step outside the Digha station . Lets come to the points straight...

Check In :- 29th May 14 , Check Out :- 1st June 14th , Room No - 405 , Category -- Super Delux , Tariff - Rs 2050/- Including breakfast .

1. What went well

-- Tremendous hospitality as if I am visiting a close relative's house. Unfortunately this time , my Digha trip didnt go well as i was suffering from very high fever from the previous night but had to travel due to kids. But the care the room service guys ( especially a guy named Badal ) had taken for me is worth remembering for a long long time. Starting from continuous medicine supply from a nearby shop to asking me regarding my health continuously is something you wont get from every other hotels . I am really thankful to Badal and his other colleagues .

-- Very Clean room with extremely clean toilet . Room is fitted with a Daikin AC which is super silent and will make your room cool within minutes. It also has a 22" Sony Bravia with all popular channels available . The Bathroom is also fitted with a all modern toilet fittings and with a geyser for hot water .

-- Not overwhelmed by the food quality but not bad at all. Tips is , dont go for something fancy , stick to some conventional dishes.

-- Extremely fast power backup . You wont feel the very frequent power down situation in Digha.

-- Food cost is okey though a bit higher side . Please note the hotel will charge you vat + service tax for food.

2. What Didn't Go Well :- Some smaller adjustment has to be made otherwise the super duper advertising policy will become a bit skeptical for a visitor visiting second time .

-- Catering Service has to be improved . First of all , almost everyday I order Tea multiple times a day for me and for my wife but surprisingly not a single time we got Two Cups properly filled. Every time its one and half cup of Tea while you charge for full two cups with vat and service tax. Even I requested them to make two cups full while serving but the result is same. They told me that they are allowed to bring only a pot of Team no matter if that fill two cups . Ridiculous, isnt it ?? And another important point is , most of the cases , the pot handle is broken and in some occasion, we had been served with cracked Cup.

-- We were amazed to see the choices of breads in the menu. From Nun to Kulcha , it has everything. But while ordering , you will get only "chapati" . The person in the other side of the phone will politely tell you that Tandoor is closed today .During my 3 night and 4 days stay , I didnt get but chapati . Why you print so many things when nothing is available. Even small roadside shops have their tandoor open all the time in Calcutta streets.... These are characteristics of small hotels . Why a hotel like Rajeet will exhibit the same scenario when they have beaten their own drum too much through massive advertising.

-- Dont try too much to starters . We ordered chichekn lolylop one day but ultimately given chicken pakoda and the worst thing is the tomato and chilly ketchup supplied with this dish is something local made ... very similar to the one available to the road side vendors. Not by an brand like Maggie or Kissan . Extreme chip mentality of a Hotel of this caliber .

-- Quality of Fish was not upto the mark which is a surprise at Digha. Ordered Purshey and Pomflet , the dishes test good but not the fish . The fish was hard fried which we usually do when the fish is not fresh .

-- Breakfast is just bad , nothing specific to mention . Management should adjust the tariff and plan is something better.

-- While checking out , communication mismatch between the reception stuffs had been observed. I was quoted something and was charged something . Though they have rectified the issue but that has eaten up some of the valuable time as my train timing was approaching fast.

So overall , not a very bad experience, but if you are a traveler habituated in 3 star accommodation, dont expect the similar thing from here . This is a hotel which is above average only on Digha perspective , not beyond that .

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from Lift ..... otherwise you will hear beep beep sound from lift starting fr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank sanjayb22
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had visited 26th -28th May at Digha. Booked Prince room in Hotel Rajeet. It was fantastic , clean, good quality food ,service excellent, staffs are very polite, beach exactly 3 minutes from hotel, Overall excellent time spent with family ,except complimentary breakfast, which needs to concentrate to the Hotel Management., same menu repeated daily.There is no such variety .

Room Tip: If u have family choose Prince Room. It was fantastic. I suggest it is worth of the room.Quite Expen...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AmaleshRoy
HOTELRAJEET, General Manager at Hotel Rajeet, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

We Thank you for your time you spend reviewing / rating our property through Trip Advisor.
Its was all a great pleasure having you with us as one of our valuable guest !!!. With your such positive comments we truly become more encouraged to work upon more and keep strive to render the best to all our Guests.

In respect to your suggestion of the Complimentary Breakfast I have forwarded a note for the same to our F&B Department, and I ensure you their will be the changes made.

Once again thanks for all your precious feedback ! Looking forward to welcome you soon

Hope the best for the long term relationship between us.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

4. Pick up and drop to / from station
5. Quality food and complementary breakfast
6. Beach is just a 2 mins walk
7. Complementary news paper at room every morning

Overall a quality stay at affordable price. Should recommend it.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family