“Good to celebrate 31st.Dec. night”
Review of Hotel Sea Coast

Hotel Sea Coast
Ranked #36 of 59 Digha B&B and Inns
Kolkata
“Good to celebrate 31st.Dec. night”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed for 02 nights on 31st. Dec. '13 & 1st. Jan 2014 along with family on a package. Close to beach but difficult to get a sea bath due to rocks laid down to prevent erosion of hotels and local residents during high tide. Rooms have been renovated and we were allotted one such on the first floor facing the lawn. Food was excellent and adequate. Room was O.K with supply of hot water in the bathroom round the clock.The dance and musical programme on 31st. night was a bit chaotic but the fireworks was a pleasure to watch. Service & house keeping was good. Nice place to spend the weekend.

Room Tip: Room nos.212,214 & 215 - All newly renovated
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel sea coast is the worst experiance in my last digha visit. The advertisement said it is a 3star hotel with all luxary facilities and we paid 2400 for each standard room. We did the booking from ginger hotel near basusree cinema. Reaching there we saw that 1. Rooms are not sea facing. Only with a fragmented view. 2. The hotel is just a normal hotel with both ac and non ac rooms. 3. Zero cleanliness. Stincky rooms with spotted bedsheets. 4. A 3 inch matress on the bed and dust all over the room. No swimming pool or any other facility that has to be there at a 3 star hotel. Never ever visit again and will ask all of you to strictly avoid it.

• Stayed July 2013
7 Thank arindamdas1111

Travelers are raving about these Digha hotels

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Extremely dirty rooms,toilet with broken taps,commode,flush not working...
Broken clothes hanger...
Dirty towels and bed sheet, stinking blankets...
Pathetic tea,intercom not in working condition...
Frequent powercuts...
Basically no value for money

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Sonia M
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for 3rd time in the month of March 2013 .Booked the hotel through "makemytrip" as the hotels website was unable to make the booking?Stayed in standard AC rooms.Better not to comment about their room as it was shabby dusty poorly maintained after spending one hour in that room reported to the reception.They have changed the room after some hot altercation in their newly constructed room on the top floor.This room was good floor was clean & maintained.The location is very good.You will find the sea very nearby so also the market.Inside the hotel they have a well maintained lawn.You will find a overpriced restaurant inside the hotel.Which is ready to serve the Indian and Continental food.The advantage in this hotel that their AC is always working even in the power cut!which is really rear in a Old Digha Hotel.Overall a mix experience not advisable for a long stay.

Room Tip: Go for their top floor rooms as they were newly constructed and you might have a gimps of the sea.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank saibal558
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed December 16, 2012

If you want to waste your money and ruin your holiday, then only you need to stay in this hotel. We went on a holiday trip this weekend. They assigned us a room where water was continuously pouring from all over the bathroom ceiling. We immediately reported it to the reception and they allocated us another room. It was a very small room in the backside, the bed cover was very dirty. I removed it, the bed sheet was also dirty. We could see spiderwebs and a lot of ants in the room. The bathroom was the dirtiest I ever found in a hotel. Dust were spread everywhere, spiderwebs, dirty stains were very common. The Comode flush was not working. When we reported in reception, they sent a man after 15 minutes, he analysed the problem and then said he will send somebody else. After half an hour when nobody came, we again reported in reception. Then after 10 minutes somebody came and after some testing he said it needed to be repaired, he will look into it. After 10 minutes I asked at the reception when the plumber will come, how much time was needed, they could not tell me anything. After I told them repeatedly to change the dirty bedsheet, they told me all thier bedsheets are like this and they do not have any clean bedsheets. They just don't care and never have known anything as customer satisfaction. The TV remote was not working properly. We went outside for a stroll submitting the key to the reception so that the plumber can work meanwhile. After 4 hours when we returned and asked whether they repaired the comode or not they seemed to not know anything about it. They asked me whether my comode was not working, I needed to tell them the whole story, one of the hotel staff came with us to our room and then the comode flush was working. They repaired it in between and nobody has that information! There were red ants in bed, we could not sleep the whole night. We could not bathe in the sea because the bathroom was so dirty there was no question of taking a bath there afterwords. The food was so-so. At the time of leaving they asked us to stay at thier hotel the next time. I told them I haven't got any one good thing to mention about thier hotel, why should we come back?

DO THINK AGAIN before you stay this hotel whether you really want to waste your money this way and buy some unhappiness? You can better use that money giving some poor child and buy some happiness instead. Or stay in a good hotel. My friends stayed at Digha Tourist Lodge in old digha which I found 80 times better than this hotel with big spacious clean rooms with balcony, really good food and service etc.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
22 Thank anindita7777
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Is it worth the spend? Opinions can vary; these are only from the facts & our experience.

We reached Digha on 23-Jun to stay here for 2 nights. I booked the family suite in the 3rd floor and a standard AC double adjacent to it (3500+tax & 2200+tax respectively). These are the most expensive & supposedly the BEST rooms! We were greeted at the entrance of our room with water sipping down the wall and trickling down the floor making it slippery. The room was renovated in terms of interiors & paint but they did not inspect a damp wall that leaked water flooded the room-floor when it rained that night and the whole of next day. Yes, I am not joking! Can you imagine this after paying a premium price? And after repeatedly getting assurance from the booking manager in Kolkata that “everything is fine”?

Since I travelled with 2 kids and my aged parents this made it worst! I had to call the room service multiple times to soak the water with towel; the manager onsite just did not have the sense to do this proactively. I held him responsible to rent out that premium room in such undeserving condition and w/o any inspection.

I was also assured by the booking manager of a geyser. First I was told there will be a geyser in the suite; upon arrival I was told they have a solar geyser which was temporarily out of service; some said it never functioned. Finally, we had to ask for hot water every time we needed to sterilize the baby’s bottles or for their bath.

There was a refrigerator in the room – we suspect it was rushed in before we moved as it was full of rust; looked like a 2nd hand set. They have an arrangement to turn off all electrical devices when you are out of the room with your keys; this makes sense but this also switches off the refrigerator. When we came back after a long stay outside, we found the food we preserved is now rotten & also filled with water. We didn’t realize the deep-freezer just poured down water when the machine is off.

Food was OK and worth what they asked for…I didn’t expect anything better or worse.

The location of the family suite is quite good with a glass separated sit-out/ balcony so you can stay in the room and still enjoy the sea view. The hotel also has a little green lawn with a swing for children.

The house staff was patient & helpful. But management is awful without any customer focus which is what makes a difference for the visitors. What made me irritated were the false promises they made and in spite of such unacceptable inconveniences they neither showed any regret nor any commercial gesture.

Me, my family members and near ones would probably never stay in Sea Coast again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
17 Thank Saikatm2012
Midnapore, West Bengal, India
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We have stayed here for 2 nights,the experience was not bad...house keeping is okay but the people are hungry for Tips...but the restaurant is over costly..we can not see the sea from the rooms but its not far hardly 50 mts from it

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends