“Good location, but terrible service !!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Hawk Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Digha
Sea Hawk Hotel
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Digha
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Good location, but terrible service !!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I visited their hotel with my wife and stayed in sea view first floor room. The view from hotel rooms are excellent. The room was good but not that much cleaned and maintained. The room service boys are vey lazy. They prefer to loitere in the corridor and gossip in a high voice. when asked for a service they take more than enough time to simply respond ! The restaurant is good,but the prices of food available is a bit higher in comparison to other restaurants in Digha. The hotel manager tries to defend errent and defient room service boys despite receiving poor service complaints from all most all the customers !

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view. Don't try back side rooms as they are shabby and a bit foul smelling.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank skm_1101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed on this hotel very recently- on 30 and 31st march 2013. Let's start from the beginning -RS. 1350 was our room rent per night for a well-decorated AC room at the back side . Room was clean, well-maintained and a very well-performing blue-star AC. Food is a bit over-priced but grand quality and better than average service satiesfied us.

We will visit it again. Let's add one thing: this is my 10th visit to Digha and first stay at Sea Hawk and in my judgement it is far better than many over-priced competitor at Old Digha.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jishnu25
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

What can you expect from a Hotel, whose customer dealing at booking counter itself is terrible? I booked room for two days by paying 100% advance. Subsequenty I had to change my program and wanted to cancel my second day's booking. The sequence went like this -
First they said I need to pay 25% of room rent (for one day) will be deducred + Sv. Tax, for this I agreed.
Then they said part cancellation is not possible (??) due to technical reasons, I gave them simple a solution - Cancel both days and re-book for one day. They said "during that period" one day's booking can not be given. I had no other option but to cancel both day's booking with 25% cancellation charge on both the days.
I wanted to test them now. I asked them, now, whether one day booking of the same room can be given to me. They agreed. Now I declined to book room I also conveyed them that whatever may come I am not going to stay in that hotel whose customer dealing is so bad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Satyabrat0104

Travelers are raving about these Digha hotels

jaipur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

There were times when Sea Hawk used to be the jewel of Digha...

But during our stay, we realized all that is gone...

The rooms where shabby, food costly...less helpful service...

Only favourable thing is the location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dadu77in
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had planned a weekend trip to Digha specially for my father who is a Parkinson's patient and who hardly gets a chance to go out . I booked a room for 4 of us on the first floor-me, my parents and my father's attendant. Initially i was quite sceptical about the trip since my father is almost invalid; he can hardly walk a step on his own due to his condition. So i had to make sure over phone that the hotel guys had a wheelchair. The hotel staff, it turned out were quite cooperative. As soon as we arrived, they came out with a wheelchair and helped my father out of the car. They wheeled him out till the base of the staircase, and then 4 of them together, lifted the chair up and carried him up the stairs and put him down right outside the room.
We had booked Room 272 on 1st floor overlooking the sea. The room was very spacious with a queen size bed, a separate divan (which worked nicely as single bed), some basic furnitures and a wonderful balcony that gave a captivating view of the sea. Our room also had an adjoining room with a single bed, TV and a table which was used by my dad's nurse. So space wise, we found our room perfect. Plus, it had a nice lawn with beautiful garden. Best part of the hotel is its proximity to the sea. One has to just step out of the gate to walk into the beach.
The food however, was a little on the expensive side and also the taste was not that great.
Except this , everything was perfect. We had a very nice weekend and my father loved every bit of it! It was a wonderfully refreshing change. We are already planning a 2nd trip!

Room Tip: We chose room 272 on the first floor which was right near the sea and also very spacious. It was a g...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ananya87
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Good budget hotel.
At Digha where most hotels are away from sea this one is bank on sea.
Drove there & found ok parking spot with security.
Food is below par. After a trial we avoided hotel food completely.
Service is close to bad but at budget hotel these are de rigeur.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank debangshu_sen
Kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked a 4 bedded room. It was good, clean & specious. Room service was moderate. Location is very good. Adjacent to sea. Few rooms also have view of sea. Food quality was not so good. There is scope of improvement.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family