Himalayan Village Sonapani
$551
$534
The Golden Peak Hotel(Mukteshwar)(Great Value!)
$52
  • Restaurant
$52
$229
$104
Mountaintrail(Mukteshwar)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagesfruit treesother guestspine forestthe ownertwinkling lightssmiling staffcharming placetucked awayamazing hostshimalayan rangehis wifealmost hourshome style foodshort trekconnect with naturehigh point
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a place you can keep returning to, time after time after time!. The cottages are lovely and offer a lot of privacy. The food is yummy and tea time snacks of yummy kebabs in the middle of the the forest is ..well....indescribable!!!. The views are pretty good as well and you could explore the surrounding hills on your own. Grab a blanket for a quick nap, though!.
This is a place that can not be faulted in any way. I can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: Choose a cottage nearer to the restaurant for better views. Choose a lower one for more peace and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eddie78
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Thanks to Ashish & Deepa, we were back for another family holiday at Sonapani. Countless friends have beautiful memories of their stay here. The couple have been wonderful hosts and take guest enagagement to a different level...
We had a comfortable stay . Travelling with kids was no hassle , the staff accomodated requests from children. The food is simple, yet delicious and breads & cakes are freshly baked.
Read to your heart's content , walk around the estate, chat up with other guests, so bring your books, walking shoes and enjoy the serenity. The place is not for people who need TVs in the rooms .
Kids had an awesome holiday.. playing with other kids, doing their own bit or having an impromtu picnic in the pine grove.
We came for 2 days and ended up staying for 4 . One of those holidays when you forget what day of the week it is.. I wish we can come back atleast once a year.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DipikaN
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Thankyou Aashish and Deepa for making this a memorable stay. Lushgreen forests, long nature walks, excellent home cooked food and last but most important extreme warmth of the hosts , what more can you ask for.

Also for those wondering this part of uttarakhand is not in the least bit affected by the rains. That should be the last of your concerns.
Thankyou once again for what was truly a unique tourism experience for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank kasawh78
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been searching..for a lot of things..a long time. Being an avid traveler there aren't many areas that I've not yet explored. More than that, I'm a traveler who picks out nuances. I don't crib but I hold a strong opinion if things aren't right. I wondered if there was anything I could fault this place with & can only think of one, being too good to be true. I knew of Sonapani & wanted to be here for a long time. Now that I'm back, I feel like a 10 yr old who wants to hide his best toy so others don't ruin it. I'm trying to be selfless & rational when I say, you're missing a lot if you haven't been here. I wont go on n on about it. All the good bits that the 30 odd reviewers have said before me are true. Period :D

Staff, food, bird-life, flora/fauna, views, environment, planning, comfort, approach, safety, guest engagement and anything else that you can think of are all taken care of nicely. Most importantly, this place is still serene & not run over by big money city people wanting to buy summer abodes! I would fly over bhowali / bhimtal if i could to save me the agony of man, brick & mortar causing ruin to the ecology. Sonapani refreshes the senses. The serenity & quiet will do a super job of restoring you to normalcy.

Even for people who need the sort of hotels which have TV's, intercoms, lifts, chole bhature for breakfast, a 6 course lunch etc., those lot should also visit here to see the unspoiled way of how life is supposed to be, clean & calm.

The walks around the estate are fabulous. You will hear n read a lot about fruits so I wont talk more :-)

Go yourself, tell your friends about it, you will win pat on the backs for the suggestion. I've vowed to myself to spend atleast a week every year here. Carry your books & music with you & leave the rest to nature.

BTW - This area is totally undisturbed by the recent events on the other side of the state. Dont think twice before planning your trip. Best is to take the Shatabdi till Kathgodam & taxi further on which can

Room Tip: Take any. It doesnt get any simpler than here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gaurav D
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've been going to Sonapani every year, atleast for a few days, for the past 3 years. Ashish and Deepa, the couple who run Sonapani have become dear friends. Sonapani is a lovely place to visit, away from the crowds. Peppered with fruit trees, you may get to pick Apricots off the trees in summer, or catch the beautiful blooms in the Spring. Do not go expecting a regular hotel with a TV and Swimming pool. Sonapani is the place to go if you want a break from the frenetic pace of city life and want to recharge your energies. The food is delicious and their breads are amazing. Ashish and Deepa have been very involved in the local community. Do have a chat with them about that if you are so inclined. I'm there every year atleast once, who knows we may bump into each other there? That is the magic of Sonapani.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends