“"KEDARNATH-my best adventurer journey"”
Review of Kedarnath Mandir

Kedarnath Mandir
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Kedarnath
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"KEDARNATH-my best adventurer journey"”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

picturesque scenic beauty spellbound me . That experience left me mesmerised because I did not experience something like this before. This temple is something differentiated.

1 Thank ujjwal_12

New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Kedarnath - What a phenomenal experience!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We took the helicopter to Kedarnath and I think it was a smart decision because we were not worn out and did not have aching body parts when we went for the evening Aarti. That experience left me mesmerized because I did not experience something like this before.....it was like looking and listening to a musical play/opera dedicated to Kedarnath Ji !
Participating in the Maha Abhishekam at 4 am is very much recommended if one can afford the cost of 6,600 IRS.It was tough waking up at 3 am in a room with no heat, and no hot water but, I forgot it all as soon as I got to the temple. We were allowed in the inner sanctum of the temple and actively participated in the Abhishekam...I did not travel thousands of miles to only get a second glance of the Shiv Ling but, was able to touch and prostrate many times! ( I would have been okay with even a glance for a second because there is other place like this on earth....except Mount Kailash and Badrinath!!

We spent the night in Kedarnath and I would recommend staying at the temple Guest Houses because the place is very well maintained and also there are electric heaters.

7 Thank Pam M
New Delhi, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Kedarnath - Toughest Destination in Chardham Yatra”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Kedarnath is the last one and the hardest destination to reach in Chardhm Yatra. Here high altitude and atmospheric pressure creates lots of problems for pilgrims. So its advisable book helicopter for Kedarnath Yatra to make it possible for your family.

7 Thank Priyanka B
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“close to God and nature”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The kedarnath temple is something different. Austere and steeped in history, it is like no other temple in India. It's an effort to get there (the helicopter is the easier option) but one you get there, you will for sure think it was worthwhile.
There are six helicipter companies flying from Phata, so you can take your pick... we didn't book in advance and got tickets quite easily.

4 Thank partha2504
Austin
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very nice spiritual experience”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The temple closes at 3pm for darshan... so reach early. In the morning you may be even allowed to touch the linga of Kedarnath. It is huge. Evening Arthi should not be missed either. The temple is lit up and the linga is decorated with the golden cobra on top of it. No one inside the temple pushes you for money. Outside you may get pressured by several sadhus. Off season is possibly the best time to avoid crowds and lines.

2 Thank GhumnaPhirna