“Excellent Stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kanchan Villa
Ranked #1 of 24 Allahabad B&B and Inns
“Excellent Stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had an amazing experience in Allahabad and the main reason being a really beautiful and clean place to stay. Kanchan Villa can be compared to any 3-4 star boutique hotels. The rooms are done beautifully and is super clean. They serve you food if u are interested and its good healthy homemade food which you will nit find in hotels. I would highly recommend it to everyone traveling to Allahabad.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank CChhetri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

It was a short visit to Allahabad - and we are glad for opting to stay for the night in Kanchan Villa. Good clean room, services, great food and top it off with good conversation with our gracious hosts - Ivan and Purnima. Thanks much.

Regards,
Krishna

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Krishna S
Uttarkashi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I & some friends stayed for about 12 nights during the busiest time - the Kumba Mela. Purnima & Ivan are the most gracious & sincere hosts catering to our every need. Our special vegetarian food requirements were deliciously met, our need for meditation or quiet times in our rooms were automatically accepted & catered for, economical transport was smoothly organized to the Ganges River & Arial Ghat during periods of extremely heavy traffic. When we had trouble getting back at night Purnima & Ivan went out of their way to make sure everything went smoothly. For those that don't speak Hindi English is mainly spoken by the managers so there's no language problems for overseas visitors.
In short we were treated like special guests in one way & like members of the family in another way!
Kanchan Villa has a good "vastu" orientation with the street & front door entrances facing east. It also has big en-suit bathrooms & nice antique type furniture in Bengal Room I stayed in.

So our stay for the Kumba Mela really was problem free thanks to the kind & generous treatment of our wonderful hosts. A big "thank you" to you from myself & my friends. We hope to see you again on another trip - Andrew Hobbs

Room Tip: Flat at the back is very quiet & out of the way. Bengal room is next to the sitting room lounge.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ahobbs108
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am a marketing personnel & I travel quite often. I was touring around Uttar Pradesh & I was kind of bored staying in hotels so before I arrived at Allahabad, I tried to find out some other options. I was fortunate enough as I googled ‘Homestay in Allahabad’ & ‘Kanchan Villa’ popped up on the very first place.

The day I visited this place, uncle & aunty was not keeping well though they made sure I was well taken care of. I would like to appreciate wonderful stay, beautiful house, delicious food & warm hospitality. Friends, you can expect lots of love & care in this villa.

Dear Ivan uncle & Purnima aunty,

Thank you for welcoming me & sharing your beautiful and comfy abode. It made my visit to Allahabad more memorable. Many thanks to you & your staff for impeccable hospitality, your place is such a wonderful and majestic place to stay, recharge, relax and reborn again. Wish could stay longer and experience much more.

I also found the standard of service and hospitality to be very high, high to the point where it sets quite a benchmark for other places to live up to. Food was awesome as well. Lots of nice little details in the set up of the room made the experience all the more special. I hope to get back here very soon.

PS: Next time I would like to listen songs from Ivan uncle & watch Purnima aunty’s photographs’ collection.

With love,
Vipul Jain

Room Tip: they'll mk sure tat u r in d best room available..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank VipulJain1987
ivanlamech, Owner at Kanchan Villa, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you so much Vipil. It is always a pleasure to have fresh young minds and faces at Kanchan villa. !t was lovely having you with us and we thoroughly enjoyed your company , although it was for just a short while. We look forward to having you with us again.

Comboyne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

dearest pixie and dashing ivan,
how we miss your love and company. having stayed with you all for the better part of five months, it is hard to put into words the feeling of having a whole new family as you guys have become for us. there were nine, sometimes a dozen of us renting your amazing digs. you and your beautiful staff treated us to a world that we never would have experienced if we hadn't fortuitously stumbled upon your oasis. our four kids enjoyed the calm in the middle of the storm that kanchan villa offers. through your patience and love they will forever think of india and especially allahabad as a magic place.
we, of course, are looking forward to the day you stumble into australia , to offer you the same kind hospitality and rekindle our family ties.
oh, in case anyone else is reading this ,( not just pixie .....beaming at all the wonderful reviews!) ...this is THE place to relax in the whole of india. this is the BEST homestay you will find.these are the most HELPFUL folks you will ever meet. their communication skills are a BREATHE OF FRESH AIR. if you are lucky enough to stay for a while and meet their friends and family, you will enjoy the company of the MOST INCREDIBLE bunch of dudes on the subcontinent. and if you are partial to a glass of black doctor, pop through the gate and join pixies' brother Banu on the swing after dark . tell him andrew sent you and settle back for a good laugh. give our regards to all the staff there and remind them all of the time when a bunch of crazy australians invaded allahabad for five months, built a boat and were treated like family by everyone in the city. we love you all ...............have fun xx andrew

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ivanlamech, Owner at Kanchan Villa, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hi guys. I am sure you all must be happy to touch base after five months away from home. Andrew, your words brought a lump to our throats. Both Pixie and I think of you all often and miss you guys. It is not only us but the whole neighborhood, which you endeared yourselves too, who keeping asking abut you all. Sometimes when the we sit down with the neighbours (you know who I mean!) over a glass of the dark stuff we reminisce of the wonderful fun filled days when a crazy Ozzy family came to Allahabad to build a boat for the Kumbh. You and your family have left a indelible mark on Allahabad and your lovely boat has become a part of Kumbh history.

Our love to Ginny and the kids - particularly the talented young twins Jenna and Emma.

Cheers mate!

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Oh yes! It is home away from home. It was sch an amazing experience at kanchan Villa during kumbh!The place is just too good, an incredibly comfortable room with the absolute best of service & hospitality.Food is just great. We stayed here for one day and spent most of our time chatting with Ivan Uncle and Purnima Aunty. It is the place for people who want relaxation. Thanks Ivan Uncle and Aunty for making our stay so comfortable,thank you so much for all your hospitality.You have a lovely home and we are so glad you decided to open a B&B to allow others to experience it.:) I look forward to staying at Kanchan Villa again and am very grateful for the kind service and attention of my hosts! Five stars to you " ***** "

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hi Soumya,
I am glad you both enjoyed your stay with us. It was indeed a pleasure having you both with us and wish you could have stayed longer! Thank you for the lovely things you have said and we look forward to hosting you for a longer period in the future,

Warm regards to you both.

Languedoc, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was recommended the Kanchan Villa and it was such an excellent experience that I must thank my hosts whose standards are so high and that my stay with them was wonderful and unforgettable, so many new friends met and an excellent base from which to enjoy the delights of Allahabad and for me my first Kumbh Mela ! I will surely be back.

Room Tip: If you need to know anything our hosts here are knowledgable and will go out of their way to cater...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo