The location of this hotel is par excellence. Very serene and peaceful. It is originally Tamil Nadu tourism property rented out to indeco. That explains it's location n vast area. The hotel is over 20 years old.
We arrived late in the evening n The initial impression of the hotel lobby in the dim light was nice. Lot of antiques on display! The rooms were neat, so were the bathrooms. The beds/mattresses were very comfortable (soft)
We had a Kerala Ayurvedic massage which wasn't so convincing, maybe bcoz v r from Kerala ...
The beach was a 200m walk .... We had it all for ourselves late at night, minus the stray dogs.... It was truly romantic with the full moon lit waves striking the rocks n breaking the silence.... A must do over here ... Carry a stick or something to shoo away the barking stray dog packs.
There were signs of cost cutting all over the place. At night the a/c went off for 1-2 hrs while Lights n fans remained functional!
Now The complimentary breakfast part ... The restaurant was dirty. Chairs had filthy n worn out cushions.... The food was average.... Fruits were old!
The staff were courteous n helpful. They even called up n arranged for a local mechanic when our car gave us some trouble! We also had some water issues in the room which the reception got sorted in half an hour or so. The only sore point here is that you'll feel sad looking at the present state of this wonderful property! The large area is only a partly valid excuse. If the maintenance is better, this would be an ideal location to have a relaxing n romantic holiday or a fun filled school/team trip.
Overall we had a wonderful time here, especially considering the deal v got (3000/nt).
Couples, families (children) n large teams alike
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled close to the legendary Shore Temple and the popular 7th-century monoliths is INDECO Mahabalipuram, the town's only luxury boutique hotel. This hotel is situated right in the heart of the town and spreads over a tranquil beach, offering contemporary luxuries in a historical back drop. INDECO Mahabalipuram is an Indeco boutique hotel on the shores of Mahabalipuram and is set amidst the tourist attractions of the town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your INDeco Mahabalipuram reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indeco Mahabalipuram Hotel Mahabalipuram
- Indeco Mahabalipuram Kanchipuram