We found this to be a rather tired and unloved hotel. Its only redeaming feature was the friendly and helpful reception staff, and the cheerful cleaning girls who seemed to try their best in a difficult environment. The whole set up reminded us of a rather run-down holiday camp in the UK.
The swimming pool, though cleaned regularly by a man who climbed right into the pool, was refreshing but had cracked and broken paving and trashed, tatty looking plastic statues beside it.
Separate neglected looking room pods are dotted around under the trees, in quite a pleasant garden setting. The AC worked well but there were bad smells in the bathroom, and the very dated 50's style furnishings were decidedly grubby.
The restaurant was awful. Service was painfully slow, and the food un exciting. At breakfast there were bugs swimming in and crawling around the hot milk jug. Needless to say we couldn't face eating there after experiencing this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled close to the legendary Shore Temple and the popular 7th century monoliths, is INDECO Mahabalipuram, the town's only luxury boutique hotel. This hotel is situated right in the heart of the town and spreads over a tranquil beach, offering contemporary luxuries in a historical back drop.INDECO Mahabalipuram, is an Indeco boutique hotel on the shores of Mahabalipuram and is set amidst the tourist attractions of the town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your INDeco Mahabalipuram reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indeco Mahabalipuram Hotel Mahabalipuram
- Indeco Mahabalipuram Kanchipuram