I had visited this propety with my family about a decade ago and thought it to be quite quaint and lovely. However, when I went back this time I was even more pleasantly surprised at how beautifully the new management has redone the property. At a truly affordable price (Rs.10,000/- per night for a stay of four people) the GRT Temple Bay is one of the finest delights in Mahaballipuram. There isn't a thing this hotel doesn't have. From a state of the art Spa to two beautiful swimming pools (one of which is one of the longest in Asia!), the GRT is just stunning.
The lush greenery and the soft, golden sand proves to be quite a contrast and an equally tempting romantic setting. The hotel even has its own private beach for the guests to relish! If you're there with children and would like some 'alone time' with your spouse just drop them off at the gaming center and take off!!! with hammocks scattered everywhere you wouldn't want to be a couch potato in your room.
The food is equally appatizing and gives you a sense of value for money. I personally recommend indulging in the sinful chocolate cognac mousse (especially if you've burnt off so many calories swimming against the waves and walking down the sandy beach). And if walking isn't your cup of tea...don't worry...the friedly staff is always on call to transport you in gold carts! does it get any better than this??? well, it actually does...they give you a cute shell necklace when you arrive. :-)
So gear up and explore everything that GRT Temple Bay has to offer...and trust me...it has tons to offer from a range of luxury rooms and villas with their own private pools to golf courses to a world class spa. Rediscover this truly 'new and improved' commercial property
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay located along the shores of Bay or Bengal at Mamallapuram is 65 km drive from Chennai. This seaside town is an acclaimed World Heritage Center with centuries old historic monuments and temples. Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay, easily the most visited luxury resort, provides accommodations on beach front. The resort spans across 44 acres with various options for leisure and entertainment. It's comprised of 144 rooms including suites, pool villas, chalets, Bay villa and Bay Bungalow. It has one of the longest meandering swimming pool in Asia which is 24000 Sq. Ft. and an infinity pool of 3500 sq ft that gives you a great feel of reaching out into the horizon. Modern and Ayurvedic Spa for ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation. Versatile Banqueting Zone with state of the art pillar less 10000 sq ft. with best acoustics for both conferences and celebrations. Huge open space that lets you celebrate events in the arm of nature, the lawns by the sea is great destinations for dream weddings and parties. various Food and Beverage outlets gives you a choice of cuisine along with finest beverages. The Wharf - sea side specialty restaurant, Waters Edge Cafe - Round clock diner, Sindbad - adventure spirited bar, Maritime tales - relaxing lounge bar, round the clock in-room dining facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram Hotel Mamallapuram
- Grt Temple Bay Hotel
- Grt Temple Bay Mamallapuram