We were at the Radisson Temple Bay for a weekend break this June. A promotional rate combined with a 10,000 Club Carlson points bonus made for an irresistable offer.
One of our two rooms was not ready when we arrived at 2 PM, the standard check-in. The previous guest had not checked out on time. The key was handed over after an hour's wait. Even when it was, the room had not been cleaned properly - there were sand, dead insects and used matches left behind. We had to call for a re-cleaning.
The room service order taker was not familiar with the menu. We asked for the soup one afternoon from the all day dining menu. The operator said it was not served before 7 pm. We had to remind him that it was indeed offered, following which we got our order fulfilled. Again, the next morning, not all of the items listed on the menu were delivered with our breakfast order. The in-room food was not of very high quality either.
There was massive noise from a generator right next to our rooms that was left running late into the evening. We had to call and ask for it to be turned off. We raised our concerns in the feedback survey emailed after our stay. The general manager replied regretting the slip-ups and assured us he will be addressing them immediately.
On the plus side, the property is huge and does not feel crowded even at full occupancy. we enjoyed the large lawns, sandy stretches and the many pools the property is dotted with. As much as we were disappointed with the food from room service, the lunch buffet at the Water's Edge Cafe blew us away. It was an eclectic, welll thought out spread that was as delicious as it looked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay located along the shores of Bay or Bengal at Mamallapuram is 65 km drive from Chennai. This seaside town is an acclaimed World Heritage Center with centuries old historic monuments and temples. Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay, easily the most visited luxury resort, provides accommodations on beach front. The resort spans across 44 acres with various options for leisure and entertainment. It's comprised of 144 rooms including suites, pool villas, chalets, Bay villa and Bay Bungalow. It has one of the longest meandering swimming pool in Asia which is 24000 Sq. Ft. and an infinity pool of 3500 sq ft that gives you a great feel of reaching out into the horizon. Modern and Ayurvedic Spa for ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation. Versatile Banqueting Zone with state of the art pillar less 10000 sq ft. with best acoustics for both conferences and celebrations. Huge open space that lets you celebrate events in the arm of nature, the lawns by the sea is great destinations for dream weddings and parties. various Food and Beverage outlets gives you a choice of cuisine along with finest beverages. The Wharf - sea side specialty restaurant, Waters Edge Cafe - Round clock diner, Sindbad - adventure spirited bar, Maritime tales - relaxing lounge bar, round the clock in-room dining facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram Hotel Mamallapuram
- Grt Temple Bay Hotel
- Grt Temple Bay Mamallapuram