“Moon Rakers - I think NOT!!!”
Review of Moonrakers

Moonrakers
Ranked #30 of 81 Restaurants in Mahabalipuram
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Myself and Friend were seduced into entering Moonrakers! as we walked down the street! As soon as it became apparent that we weren't interested in the seafood (Having strolled the beach that morning) we became Persona Non Grata!! There was a table of at least 15 obnoxious Americans next to us and the very reason why one avoids these revolting people when travelling - they DO SO spoil everything for the rest of us! Loud, aggressive , clicking fingers etc etc etc! We had an forgettable meal other than the £18 for my bottle of wine which the waiter tried to grab back off me! NO NO NO NO NO NO - can I say it more loudly _ DO NOT GO to this awful restaurant!!

3  Thank kathyaggy2016

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just as my friends suggested Moonrakers for fish lovers...the place is good for great tasting fish and is pocket friendly too!
Please don't give this place a miss if you you love your fish & sea food.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went to Anand Moonrakers, thinking it is the only moonrakers. got a seat on first floor overlooking to original hotel.
Was i dissapointed. Not at all. The food here is awesome.
Even before placing an order the waiter asked us to come and see the catch of the day. we didnt like the crab, so ordered tawa fish fry and chicken pepper fry.
The fish was cooked to perfection and the masala was very tasty. The chicken tasted good but had too much oil for my liking.
Over all a good place to have sea food, a cold beer and just chill out when in Mahabs.

Tip : bargain for discount on the price quoted for sea food.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were looking for Indian food and we asked someone from the village where he goes to eat, and he told us this address.
The place is loud, my bread order was forgotten, my dish was really too salty and my family said that the sauce completely hid the taste of the prawns. I regret going there.

4  Thank Soizic85
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went in for a cold beer, thinking that we may return for dinner as it seemed busy enough compared to other restaurants in the area. After being seated close to the kitchen, we ordered our beer...which was warm and then sat back and observed. So many staff in the kitchen, which looked grotty, floor staff not really interested and then when we went to pay our bill, there was a big chopping board with several types of fish on it, just laying about for the flies to enjoy. Hubby knows his fish well and made comment that he would not touch any of it. No fresh fish to be seen, eyes murky ..be careful.

2  Thank Sue H