“Hotel with a View”
Review of Hotel Hill Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pelling
Hotel Hill Retreat
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Pelling
New Delhi, India
“Hotel with a View”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Pelling, I was told, had the most fabulous view of the Kanchenjunga. I was not disappointed with the view but a bit with the place. Pelling was nothing but a row of hotels with no individual charm. Therefore, I don't quite blame the hotel for my disappointment.

The hotel itself was decent. The staff was very courteous and efficient. We were served decent food and drinks well on time and with a smile.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jalpaiguri, India
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I along with my family visited Pelling last month for a day and stayed at this hotel. The same was booked for us by our local travel agency firm SIMANACHARIYA TOURS AND TRAVELS @ Rs 1,200 only. Rooms that we were given was just fantastic and clean. Bathrooms are big and clean. All in all a good stay. One thing I came to learn booking a car from the travel desk is not advised as we found that we had hired the vehicle from SIMNACHARIYA TOURS AND TRAVELS @ Rs 1,500 and they are charging @ Rs 2,200.

Room Tip: Ask your Travel agent or you may contact SIMANACHARIYA TOURS AND TRAVELS.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rajarshibhowmik
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed August 31, 2013

good hotel.. good food.. the view of kanchanjunga from the window was the best part of the stay..
we stayed very less at the hotel.. as in, only for sleeping at night.. entire day we explored pelling.. the terrace of the hotel was also accessible and nice soothng during late evening..

Room Tip: the one with the view of kanchanjunga..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed June 10, 2013

A very average hotel...with worst food...(roti's are like sudarshan chakra...if thrown from right angle it can behead anyone), stale rice, half boiled chicken...and to top it all ; you will find a thousand flies in dining room who will make your dining experience a living hell.
If you can manage without dining here ...you will have an average experience here...

Room Tip: Room 201 & 202 has a balcony and we could catch a glimpse of Kanchenjunga from there..(being ext...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank OPINION_MATTERS

Travelers are raving about these Pelling hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I arrived at this hotel after talking to mrs tara a day before and she arranged taxi pickup from baghdogra airport, the road was bad at places but Innova took care of it and we did not have to suffer , i was travelling with my wife and 2 daughters aged 4 and 1. I was greeted by George very warmly and was given room 201 which i think is their best room , very spacious and very neat , it had queen sized dbl bed (though i feel king size beds should be provided). The staff promptly deposited the luggage in the room and was very courteous.
Food can be had outside or inside the hotel , but if you are having inside the hotel be sure to chk and order in time so that it can be prepared in my case i was the only guest the first day and the next day my friends arrived with families so it was a big picnic.
Being a value for money hotel my expectations were not high and they were rightly met , the property is not on the road as others in pelling hence less noise which is good
the view from the balcony is very good and i did manage to get a glimpse of kanchenjunga (though hazy in pictures but better with naked eyes)
On the whole it was good 3 days spent in lovely surroundings and warm people

Room Tip: Go for room 201 or 202 if available, if you like a decent trek do go to the barse flower sanctuary i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank YogeshKapoor
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I spent two nights of my trip in middle Pelling at hotel Hill retreat. The room on offer was spacious, clean with a spectacular view of the Himalayas and the kanchanjunga range. On request, an additional room was provided immediately with minimum fuss. I was a little under the weather when i arrived but the staff treated me to warm lime water every half hour in the freezing temps till I recovered completely. I was traveling with my mum and mamaji who are a little strident about food but the cook made the simplest of meals delicious. the staff here is always attentive and polite and endeavors to meet every request made. The good part about the location is that it is slightly away from the more active upper pelling, where there are too many tourist vehicles commuting up and down the narrow road- yet it takes only a 5-8 mins walk to get right into the centre of the town.The hotel boasts of a small organic garden in the backyard where they grow their own vegetables for staff ( i requested them to feed me whatever they were eating), and just two shops down the hotel is the local milkman selling organic milk! The second evening, the manager Dev Bista even strummed his guitar on request to belt out a few songs under starlight! A magical and most memorable stay, inspite of my being ill, which is really saying something! kudos and thank you to the hotel team for making me feel right at home so far away from home!

Room Tip: Ask for view room; they have 4 of those out of 8- on a clear morning, you can enjoy the entire view...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bharati2572
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to pelling in winter of 11 with the owner of this hotel mr.raju bista.He is a vry good person.He is young,dashing,handsome guy and he is very down to earth.I didnt knew him well before bt he treated me like his own brother.we went to pelling in his own car and when we reached there the weather was almost like shillong.Next day when i wok up ..The view of beautiful mt.Kanchendzonga was in front of my eyes.Fully covered with snow and golden shine.We went for site seeing in his sumo,we went to changey water falls,Khecheopalri lake,kanchenjonga water falls,sing shore bridge and the most beautiful n unforgetable kingdom of sikkim.The hotel staff is just awesome,manager tara bhauju is very charming beautiful and happy person and other staff were vry Helping, the cook oh sorry CHEF is just awesome he is god gifted,once we had chicken manchurian n momo ....That was just finger licking awesome ..Overall this hotel shows good hospitality n all the staff are vry friendly.My personal advice is must visit This hotel once.........And please dont call the chef as cook he is not cook he is chef ..... :) thank you
-pritam gurung