“Gr8 experience”

Summit Newa Regency
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Pelling
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed for one night. Never expected such professional service and hospital in a small town. The staff was very courteous, especially the F&B manager. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The best thing about the hotel is the spectacular view of Kanchenjunga

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
SumitMitruka, Guest Relations Manager at Summit Newa Regency, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2015

Namaste!

We are pleased to hear of your experiences from your recent visit with us and delighted you found your stay uplifting. We would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. The guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments.

Our main objective at Summit is to help create cherished and long-lasting memories. We thank you once again for your kind words and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very Hospitable Staff Including Mr. Vicky, Ms. Pratiksha and Mr. Lama. Hospitality was excellent and all the abovenamed staff were very warm and served our family well. Mr. Lama is managing the restaurant very well with his innovative ideas. Vicky and Pratiksha are handling the reception very well. However some changes would be welcome. Rooms need to be renovated and restaurant needs to enhance the menu and also keep local Sikkemese cuisine.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Newa Regency for two nights on June 18-19, 2012 and I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised at the comfort level and the hospitality metted to our group by the Hotel staff namely Mr Lama, Ms Pratiksha and Mr Vicky. The hotel rooms were very neat and clean and the quality of the food served was of highest order.The rooms offered an excellent view of the Kanchenjunga Peaks. Overall an excellent place to relax and enjoy. Highly recommended for stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2012

It was worst experience in this hotel. I am a frequent traveler, I travel for business a lot and i do atleast 2 vacations/year with family, likes to choose hotels by my own and likes to travel leisure. This was trip with family, summer vacation...

I booked complete trip of Gangtok, Pelling and Darjeeling with Summit group of hotels, but my stay in pelling was paining...

After a long drive of Gnagtok to Pelling and lots of troubles on drive (like landsliding and traffic jam), we had reach at pelling by 8 pm of night (although we started from Gangtok at 8 am),

When we went to reception, the lady behaved very nice, offered us tea or coffee, and then she said they have two properties (complete lie), and showed us another property just opposite to Summit Newa, calles Himalayan or something...it was crap, dirty and smelling...I refused to go there and had ask them to give me room in their Newa, they initially refused (I had confirm booking and i paid all money in advance), said they have group from Kesari Travels and they don't have room for us, they did lots of arguments and all lies all times from all people..

They said they had no information from booking office on our reservation, where as lady on reception on my arrival said me my name, and my requirement of extra bed in room and all, how can a receptionist know all details of my booking when there was no intimation from their office? When I showed them the emails and all emails were copied to them as well, they had to confess ..

after a fight of allmost one hour, I was ready to go to Police Station to complain the fraud, they rolled back and accommodated us in their property, The Rooms given were not up to the mark even, we had no choice in night with kids but to accept it...

Dinner was not good, the food in last day (Ala Cart Menu) they served was good.

Be careful if you book Summit Group Hotels, take the confirmation vouchers and do not pay them all money, they can simply refuse your booking if they have other guest paying more...

vinit

Room Tip: do not book this hotel by your own...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank vinitacharya

Namaste!

Thank you for your stay and valuable feedback

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us.

You will also be pleased to know that procedures and systems have been further streamlined and fine-tuned so that our valued guests like you are not put to inconvenience and discomfort.

Request you to kindly allow us the privilege of having you at The Summit once more and hence give us another opportunity to exhibit the changes and improvements.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I had read mixed reviews of this property so was not too sure till we got there. The reception staff was really cordial and pleasant. Stayed in the suite room and would recommend it if you are staying with an extended family. The current restaurant staff was all amateurish but they made up for this with their enthusiasm, I would say they went out of the way to make our stay pleasant out there. In the reception get in touch with Sushil and in the restaurant with Bhrama/Bhramin for good service. If you get a clear day you will get a fantastic view of KV2, the good part is every level has a nice sitout so you can enjoy a nice evening drink or a morning tea. The property needs a bit of upkeep though. Enjoy the weather out there not much of sightseeing though except the natural beauty.

If you stay out there and enjoy authentic local cuisine would recommend a visit to the nearby restaurant named “Anjali Restaurant” the staff is not well conversant in English so that will be a limitation. Would recommend that you try the local dishes like Gucivi which is a legume, and the local veg. soup. This restaurant is really good in the local cuisine would recommend a visit.

If you would like to try the real local alcohol you will get it with the name of “Tongba, Jhad or Chang” which is fresh and made of millet or maize. This is fermented seeds which is given in a bamboo canister to which you add hot water and then then drink it with a bamboo straw.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GoaGlobetrotter

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I had the great pleasure of spending a week at the Summit group of hotels & resorts at Gangtok, Norling & Pelling in January for a holiday and must say that it was a first class experience atleast in Gangtok. Mr. Sushil Gour & Ms. Anusha Pradhan were the reservation’s manager who treated me and my group magnificently all the way through and handled our event beautifully.

We travelled as in 2 couples from 23rd to 28th January 2012 and stayed with Ttakshang Residency (Gangtok) for 2 nights, The Norling Resort & Spa (Gangtok) for 1 night and Summit Newa Regency (Pelling) for 2 nights. All of the above are part of Summit group.

In Summit Newa Regency, all started with a wrong welcome including rude behaviour. We reached there by 6:30 in the evening and were too hungry since we didn’t have our lunch on the way. The temperature there was around -2 to -4 degree Celsius. As soon as we reached we were asked to fill up the forms. Also were asked to pay the full amount in advance which we denied to pay. When asked about providing 2 heaters in each room the manager Mr. Bikram started behaving rude. We had spoken about everything to Anusha and after a lot of quarrelling ended up with nothing. There was only 1 socket each for 5amp and 15amp and so we had problems charging mobiles and cameras.

Second day morning the geysers won’t work properly and hence we had to take a bath in my friend’s room. Then the vehicle which we hired from the hotel would refuse to go places which we were suggested initially but that was resolved after speaking to Mr. Sushil from Ttakshang from whom we had booked the vehicle. Later in the evening we realised that the room was not cleaned, on questioning the manager he replied that the house keeping lady had some problem in her family and didn’t come for the day.

Lastly this hotel is not recommended by me and would instead suggest people to go for Chiminda International which a stone throw away distance from this hotel and the localites suggested it to be the best. Also on second day morning our hotel manager suggested us to go for a lunch there since no hotel in that place except Chiminda would prepare lunch coz of non-peak season.

Summit Mitruka needs to take an extra care for this hotel. I was treated so bad there even when I had stayed with them in all their properties, you can imagine how a person would be treated who has only booking with Newa Regency.

Till date this is my worst hotel experience.

Room Tip: I suggest do not prefer to stay in this hotel but if still needed opt for the Kachenjunga view rooms...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PurnenduBiswas

Namaste!

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

It is indeed disheartening to note that we could not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us, and we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused to you.

We assure you that we are looking into the feedback in detail and the issues faced by you would be addressed with immediate effect.

We sincerely request you to allow just another chance of being at service and exhibit the remarkable changes that have been implemented post your feedback.

Assuring you a comfortable stay in future and looking forward to your stay.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed here for one night in October 2011. When I arrived I was expecting a much better hotel in Pelling and a robust discussion took place between the driver and me regarding his instructions because I was suffering a cold and 6 hours driving tiredness. This was quickly resolved by the Receptionist arriving at the car with a welcoming Tibetan sash and a Bollywood smile, as though she had been waiting all day for me to arrive. I consented to look at the room. Staff assisted with the luggage and they left me in no doubt they were keen to please. My temper resided and I accepted the room. I was to receive an evening meal, even though my cold had removed my hunger. A time was agreed and I appeared in the Dining Room. The waiter was very attentive and keen to please. Food was served. First a mixed vegetable soup followed by several vegetarian dishes [ including Ladies Finger]. I have to admit this is one of the best meals I have eaten and I am not vegetarian. Breakfast was the same with all generous portions and all food was warm [hot]. The room was of a reasonable size with a comfortable bed and the street outside quiet, so I slept well. The morning view from the window impressive. There was just enough hot water for a shower and had I stayed a further night I would have requested that they changed the failed lamps. A room kettle would also have been welcome. In the hotel's defence it advertises itself on TA as an Inn /B&B, so it should be considered as that. In my case, both the staff efforts and the food being much better than expected, is to its credit.

Room Tip: Those rooms overlooking the street will have the best views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank oldcodgerLondon_UK
SumitMitruka, Director of Sales at Summit Newa Regency, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Receiving commentary from a well travelled Guest is always greatly appreciated! Consistency is obviously important in our service delivery so it is encouraging to hear that we are achieving what we set out to achieve.

I noted your comments about the high quality of our breakfast and dinner offering.Our Chef Mohan and his kitchen team pride themselves in offering a superior level of cuisine.

I will pass on your favourable comments and suggestions to my team members and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to this region.

Summit Mitruka