“Empty and overpriced”

Ranked #27 of 51 Pelling B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Empty and overpriced”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I was the only guest for 2 nights while I was there. The hotel appears to have seen better days. It has the plush trimmings but lack soul.

It was managed by a group of young men and the boss was not in town. I asked for a basic room since I did not need anything deluxe, they did not tell me over email that they did not have the basic room as stated on their website. I did not like it that the first question they asked when I was checking in was if I wanted a tour.

Breakfast was at the basement restaurant, poorly lit. The young staff tried to please but their lack of experience showed. Hot water supply unreliable.

It does have a great view of Kangchengjuncha; I could lie on the bed and watch the mountains. I would not stay here again, but next door at Garuda, which has a good restaurant and better management.

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank chezkelly

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
kolkata
Reviewed November 21, 2009

We have been there in 1st week of june-2009. we went after a 3 days trip in gangtok...and its a nice experience over there.
bur after reaching there we were simply shocked..we booked the hotel for 3 nights with full payment from kolkata , the location of the hotel is good, but after getting into the hotel room it was just shocking. the beds and blankets are pathetic. we went there on afternoon, nearly at 1.30 . after reaching when we asked for the lunch..there was nothing. we were with our 2 yrs kid, and we need to go out for search of food then. they were not at all co operative...the room was dull..with poor light and a worst TV without cable. the food was also horrible, we were so sad in our vaccation that the very next day we just change our hotel.despite of 3 days booking.
we just leave the hotel...pls If you do not want to spoil ur holiday ..DON't GO TO HOTEL PHAMRONG

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Always_Smiling2

Travelers are raving about these Pelling hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelling
Norbu Ghang Resort
#9 of 27 in Pelling
Cherry Village Resort
Cherry Village Resort
#6 of 19 in Pelling

Been to Hotel Phamrong? Share your experiences!